Other Want to make friends

Discussion in 'General' started by antec900, 8 Jul 2013.

1. antec900

antec900 Minimodder

Hey guys i'm pretty lonely and struggling to make any friends in my area and was just wondering if anybody new any sites in which you could use to find new friends that are like me. I'm shy, lonely and not very confident. Just want a little bit of help.

I am 18 male and from berkshire. Please don't take the piss i'm normal looking, dress well and try to be nice. I have found myself getting getting a bit upset lately. Not looking for you to take pity on me i just want some help and perhaps some useful websites where i can find people to meet and simply be friends.

I have an awesome girlfriend who has lots of friends but lives pretty far away so i need some people to be around when im not with her because all i want to do is talk to her her all the time and i end up smothering her and acting like a clingy tit.

Thx guys just please make me smiles with some awesome ideas :idea:

2. julianmartin

julianmartin resident cyborg.

Are you a gamer? Have you considered trying to find or set up a lan party?

3. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

What about work? Work is a great place to get to know people and make friends as you have to be sociable with them while you're there. You can get to know them and get comfortable with them while at work and when you're confident enough with the, go on team/staff nights out.

4. dullonien

dullonien Master of the unfinished.

I'd suggest getting out there. Go join a couple of clubs or classes in the local area involving activities that you are interested in. This will also give you something to do when your gf isn't around, and should also help you build some confidence in yourself. These could be of the sporting variety if your an active person, or even if your not it could be beneficial to be more active.

Ultimately, finding genuine friends online is possibly not the way to go about things. Not to say genuine friendships can't be made online, but I find that it's a very different type of friendship.

Edit. Are you new to the area, or did you grow up there? Any older friends that you may have lost contact with, that you could maybe contact again?

5. SMIFFYDUDE

SMIFFYDUDE Supermodders on my D

6. lysaer

lysaer Suck my unit! Kirk lazarus (2008)

Meetup.com

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

7. Otis1337

Otis1337 aka - Ripp3r

Volunteering...
    i have a stupid amount of friends all over the UK because of it.

8. antec900

antec900 Minimodder

Im pretty new to the area about 6 months in and not local to previous friends really ais a pain in the ass but thanks for the great reply nice to have someone putting some effort in to help me out.

9. erratum1

erratum1 What's a Dremel?

Some kind of Community work/activity.

There must be some classes or something going on in your area just have to get involved.

People can make friends cause they have a common interest.