TV Shows BBC Top Gear

Discussion in 'General' started by samkiller42, 13 Dec 2010.

1. longweight

longweight Possibly Longbeard.

He is a ****ing idiot.

2. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

Benedict Cumberbatch on this week's Star in Reasonably-Priced Car

3. knuck

knuck Hate your face

Hammond is good in challenges, epic drives or anything in whch he acts spontaneously. When he actually tries to be funny, it all goes down to ****

Also.. am I the only one annoyed by his right hand's position on the steering wheel ? He never actually grabs the wheel regardless of how fast he's going, he just gently pushes against it with the palm of his hand

4. Archtronics

Archtronics Minimodder

Usually people drive like that if they operate agricultural vehicles with hydrostatic steering.

5. magnetobob

magnetobob What's a Dremel?

Had no idea a new series had started i was expecting a similar tweet to last year in which we pretty much got one series looks like ive got a couple of episodes to catch up on

6. Cookie Monster

Cookie Monster Multimodder

Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May visit Spain, with Clarkson in a McLaren 12C Spider, Hammond driving a Ferrari 458 Spider and May using an Audi R8 V10 Spyder. Over the course of their travels the three presenters and their mid-range convertible supercars encounter mountain passes, ghost towns and an incredible abandoned airport, before building their own street circuit in the deserted developments of Madrid. Also in this show, Sherlock and Star Trek actor Benedict Cumberbatch is the star in the Reasonably Priced Car.

7. stuartwood89

stuartwood89 Please... Just call me Stu.

I might actually get to watch this one as it's shown this week. In the past I have always been doing something (usually not out of choice) and then having to wait days for the sorry excuse for a catch up service that is iPlayer to 'catch up'.

8. samkiller42

samkiller42 For i AM Cheesecake!!

Less than 1 hours guys!

Sam

9. Tim S

Tim S OG

Excellent episode... not sure which of the three I'd buy if I could. I'd say it'd likely be the McLaren.

10. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

The McLaren is too boring for me - it's just not loud and mad enough to attract my cash. The Ferrari's great, but it has the ******** aura that Ferrari put onto everything these days.

Short answer: Lambo Gallardo LP550-2.

BentAnat likes this.
  11. sp4nky

sp4nky BF3: Aardfrith WoT: McGubbins

Now that's what I call a top-notch TG episode. Watched it from start to finish (well, was doing email & stuff while SIARPC was on) and it was great. No contrivances (except going where they went), nothing to complain about.

More please!

PS. I'd take the Audi. I'd have wanted the Ferrari but paint that's allergic to dust? No thanks.

12. SMIFFYDUDE

SMIFFYDUDE Supermodders on my D

Never been a fan of the Gallardo but not much of a fan of the 3 cars in tonights episode either.

Tonights show was a definite improvement over the previous two episodes.

Chuffart lol.

13. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

I'd have the jag...

14. SuicideNeil

SuicideNeil What's a Dremel?

Audi.

Also, Spain is really, really screwed it seems...

15. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

I'd have any of them except the Ferrari... imo Ferraris are boring... not as boring as a Porsche but still boring...

16. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

The roof race was damn good fun :)

17. flame696

flame696 Terminating People Since 1980....

Episode was great, I would go with the Ferrari I'll have a lot more fun in it.

Spain is deserted, so many houses empty. Imagine that happening here!!

18. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

You get rep for the LP550-2 bit... because it says "-2", which is the way that eye-rolling-madness-supercars should be.

Of those three: The Ferrari.
    I have an absolute hardon for Ferraris. I know the Macca is probably a bit quicker, and better to live with, but then - I am buying a supercar. f*** practicality and living with it and how fast it is on a track. It's all about c*ckshowing, and the Ferrari does that.
    The Audi is just that... an Audi - it pretty much fails as a supercar based on brand alone...

19. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

Venture outside of the M25, head North or West to Wales and you can find whole towns deserted and boarded up where the sole industry has packed up and shipped out.

Or for new builds pop on a ferry to Ireland, the views shown in Spain can be found in most places nowadays.

20. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

I reckon it's my ultimate achievable current supercar; an open-gate manual, 2WD for better steering feel, gorgeous looks, and that engine! Ermagherd.

Of course, an F355 sits higher on the want-list, but chances are they'll have appreciated beyond my means within a few years.
    Most of the people who have driven both say the same thing - the McLaren is faster, but the Ferrari is that bit more dramatic and special. Ignore the tests that say the Ferrari is just as fast, the Ferrari press cars have, shall we say, special attention from the factory to keep up.