Full screen adverts? REALLY?

Discussion in 'Feedback & Suggestions' started by MSHunter, 31 Jul 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MSHunter

MSHunter Minimodder

with the amount of adverts you all ready flash over the screen, is it really necessary to use full screen adverts?

This is something you would expect from seedy webpages and not a serious Tech site.

Do we have to cancel our Mag subscriptions for you to get your act together?
    This keeps coming up and it seem Dennis just doesn't care.

2. Teelzebub

Teelzebub Up yours GOD,Whats best served cold

This

3. deathtaker27

deathtaker27 Modder

proven on all their sites now, go to pcpro.co.uk and try to read a news article, huge pop up every 2nd article you read

4. fdbh96

fdbh96 What's a Dremel?

Adblock is the only solution. There are multiple threads on the issue and they have no effect so they shall get no monies off me :D

5. erratum1

erratum1 What's a Dremel?

Ads? Adblock can't live without it especially on Youtube.

6. MSHunter

MSHunter Minimodder

sadly at work extensions are forbidden for security reasons. :(

7. magnetobob

magnetobob What's a Dremel?

Extremely useful however I do try to pause it for anyone I subscribe to as I know its there source of income.

Furthermore, before I had Adblock and full screen adverts were used I pretty much stopped using the website.
    If adverts were still just side bar things id happily turn it off but when it starts to affect the function or ease of use of a website its gone to far.

8. j_jay4

j_jay4 Minimodder

I was wondering why I hadn't seen this massive pop-up yet. Now I know why, there's never more than one article I'm interested in reading.

Harsh but true

9. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

This. Sorry, but I can't stand ads on websites, and have been running Adblock on Firefox for years. I took bit-tech off the whitelist when the full screen ads started to appear.

10. Atomic

Atomic Gerwaff

bit-tech got removed from my adblock whitelist after Dennis started to do advertising on the site and the adverts turned from unobtrusive to outright annoying.

11. Constructacon

Constructacon Constructing since 1978

Ditto. I'm sorry Dennis, but you've forced my hand.

12. scott_chegg

scott_chegg Minimodder

Just trying to read the PS4 review. Seems like a very good article but I'll probably never know how it ended as I got bored of the full screen ad's kicking in and pumping crap music out of my speakers while I'm at work.

13. AlienwareAndy

AlienwareAndy What's a Dremel?

I wonder when these companies will realise that ramming adverts in people's faces only annoys them and doesn't make them want to spend money.

Same goes for any online company. If they have a sneaky clause that allows them to spam you (one of those catch you out things) I simply refuse to ever order from them again. I wonder when the marketing companies will realise this too. Spamming people just ****ing annoys them.

14. DragunovHUN

DragunovHUN Modder

Remember when most of us had bt whitelisted on adblock to support the site? Yeah I guess that stopped 2 or 3 fullscreen ad campaigns ago.

I just came back after what, a month to find partner forums moved above the community stuff. All hail CP.

15. RTT

RTT #parp

Just install an adblocker (or remove bt from your whitelist) and move on; nothing's going to change any time soon. It's a product of how important BT is to Dennis, and somewhat indicative of what you have to do to make advertising online (and especially to BT readers) effective, ignoring the long term consequences

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.