1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Excel Help

Discussion in 'Software' started by Mechh69, 14 Oct 2013.

1. Mechh69

Mechh69 I think we can make that fit

I have an issue with Excel in 2007, I can hit the save button and close the file out and the information will be saved, but when you right click the file it does not show the correct save time and this creates a problem with my drop box syncing the file.

I have tried to change the save setting with no avail, I have tried saving as 97-2003 nothing, I am at a loss right now, I need it to save as my wife does the monthly bills in excel. No there are not accounts or passwords in there before you ask. I am at a great loss with this any help you could provide would be greatly appreciated.

Office 2007 Enterprise.
    AMD FX 4100
    8 GB Ram

Many thanks
    Mechh69

2. deathtaker27

deathtaker27 Modder

Have you done a repair install?

Any addons?

I cannot remember if you can start excel in safe mode but can you try, start, run, excel /safe

3. SpAceman

SpAceman What's a Dremel?

Use Google Docs?

You could put the time and date in the file name. If you use a format like yyyy-MM-dd-hh-mm_FILE_NAME then all your files will be kept in order of date even when sorted by name.

4. Mechh69

@ Deathtalker27
    I just installed Office 2 days ago and there were no install errors but I will look in to the safe mode.

@SpAceman
    I will see if I can get my wife to comply with that but that's easier said than done.

Any other suggestions?

5. deathtaker27

deathtaker27 Modder

all dates and time on system correct, not in the wrong time zone etc?

6. wolfticket

wolfticket Downwind from the bloodhounds

I can't think what the problem could be. Normally the problem is with Office updating timestamps too aggressively upon re-saving. Is it the wrong time, or is it just not updating it?

Also, if you've just installed 2007, have you used Update to install the various patches and service packs since release?

7. Mechh69

@deathtaker27
    All system times are set by the internet but I will double check when I get home.
    Thank you

@wolfticket
    All patches have been installed and service packs as far as I know. How do i check if the Service Pack has been installed and do you know what number it's on? I can DL the SP when i get home.

As always I appreciate the help and your time you take to reply that's what's great about our community.

8. wolfticket

wolfticket Downwind from the bloodhounds

Basically make sure Windows Update is set to download updates for other Microsoft products, then keep running Windows Update and installing 2007 related updates until it stops finding any more.

Or at least that's what I do. SP3 should be the first big update.