News Microsoft earnings suggest strong Surface growth

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Gareth Halfacree, 25 Oct 2013.

1. Snips

Snips I can do dat, giz a job

I do think it was more to do with people not knowing what the product was and poor marketing than overpricing. It was a quality product and the original selling price was dictated by that. I don't believe even at that price, it was ever going to break even. I'm sure I read somewhere the original Xbox suffered the same way.

@Corky42 Yes I read that part and dismissed it's relevance on that basis since so much has changed in 3 years. So why bring it to this discussion in the first place when it is proof of nothing relevant?

2. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

Because like any evidence you go on what information is available until something either re-enforces or disproves that evidence, and as you have yet to come up with any newer or more relevant research on the subject you would be foolish to discount what research has been done.

Its called scientific method, maybe you should read What Makes Good Science and stop relying on your own personal opinion or feelings. Or even better come up with some more up to date or relevant research instead of just dismissing something because it doesn't fit with your own personal view of the world.

We don't dismiss the theory of evolution because its 150 odd years old and you know why ? Because no one has come up with any evidence to disprove Darwin's research, just like you cant come up with any evidence to disprove the research done by Google.

3. Snips

You're forgetting that it has to be relevant to the topic at hand also. That link wasn't. So stop trolling yet another Microsoft topic with tripe.

4. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

Ohh what you mean in a topic about strong Surface growth and that someone mentioned how, well, bland android seemed in comparison with a Surface RT. And their Office alternatives really were no patch on the real thing.

How odd that people should be discussing tablet usage in a topic about tablets, i mean who would have thought that. And if i remember this topic was totally clear of trolls until you showed up and started throw accusations around based on nothing more than your fanboyism for Microsoft.

5. Snips

I'll be the better man and say nothing further

Last edited: 28 Oct 2013
  6. cnyrsitizin

cnyrsitizin What's a Dremel?

Reading the posts just after reading a review of the Asus T100 hybrid running full Windows 8.1 on Bay Trail, I really feel sorry for Microsoft and their Surface RT. 8 to 9 hours battery life, IPS panel and keyboard included and cheaper than the RT2 ($359 - 399 in US, £350 in UK). It's a game changer.