Windows Battlefield 4 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by sotu1, 15 Mar 2013.

1. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

Not keen to upgrade? Tbh I'm second guessing my pre-order now :( I didn't play the beta, but after tonight's BF3 games I'm not sure I want to play Battlefield any more. Bloody hackers ruin everything :grr:

2. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

Unicorn come play on proper admined servers. Beer n Bullets welcome regulars.

And Gunsmith upgrade that GPU and be one of us.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

3. CrazyJoe

CrazyJoe Modder

Well I got the American VPN going and played for while, got dominated as I've not played BF3 for a while which was annoying.

There's a few big bugs that will hopefully be fixed soon, a couple of maps have the audio bug similar to BF3 where the audio just drops for 5 or 10 seconds and in Flood Zone the water rise sometimes doesn't show so you are swimming in mid air while boats fly past you.

These are a couple of obvious things that I thought they should've fixed before release. There's lots of stuff reported on the forums as well, some minor, some not.

The app is up and running properly now, not tried commander mode but the battlescreen works well, although I'm not sure if it's really needed.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Early impressions are good though, looks amazing on ultra settings as expected, can't remember what BF3 was like with starting weapons but you've got very little to start with in BF4, lots to unlock though.

Vengence93 likes this.
  4. loftie

loftie Multimodder

What are you PC specs Gunsmith?

5. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

Having played it abit last night, I must admit it does look good but OH MY GOD! is it resource hungry.

My cpu is being used up to 90%, my ram is being used up to 50% and my graphics cards are being used to 100% on the cores and Vram.

Playing at 1080p Ultra is not a issue but trying to record is where the issue starts.

I seem to be also unable to play the Conquest Large mode without getting massive stuttering, and apparently that is caused by trying to run the game at to high of a setting for my pc which is laughable because I am pulling over 120fps when running at Ultra, so I think it's either just poor server files or poor servers.

Battlefield 3 if I remember correctly had a similar issue when it launched.

Either way I am now looking potentially at upgrading my cards next month, so I am now looking forward to seeing what sort of card the 780ti is.

Anyone having any stuttering issues on the 780's and what sort of Vram is being used at 1080p Ultra settings?

I can look at my dads pc later, and see what the R9 280X performs like for him.

6. GravitySmacked

GravitySmacked Mostly Harmless

Runs nice and smooth on my 780 at 2560 x 1080, with vsync on it never dropped below 60. Not sure on the vram as I didn't check.

7. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

The beta post patches ran pretty smooth on my 670 4gb vram.

Havent played the full release as I dont own it yet!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

8. adrock

adrock Caninus Nervous Rex

pre-loaded last night, still not feeling the excitement or anticipation though. I am curious to see if it runs better than the beta for me.

9. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

I tried it on my dads pc this morning on a 64 player server with, it set to 1080p Ultra and the Vram usage didn't go above 2.03Gb on his R9 280X, which is kind of strange since on my 680's only have 2Gb but it was reporting that 2.09Gb was being used.

Didn't notice any stutter really so I am kind of thinking that it maybe down to the drivers.

Will be interesting to see if you buy it what it performs like.

The full game loads faster for me than the beta, and also seems to run better apart from the annoying stutter.

10. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

I am just waiting for my mother to wake up, she is on half term with the school she works at.

Found this which I know works and am thinking I may buy it this way.

She said she would lend me the money till pay day Friday.

Only reason I am doing this is the price else I would buy from a key seller or direct.

11. Vengence93

Vengence93 What's a Dremel?

Thank you Crazy Joe, I saw it doesnt include the China rising DLC but ey its just an DLC amazon said there dispatching soon so, il guess il wait anyway thank you for your efforts. I know i wont get it on time, but tbh at my Download Speed i wouldent be getting it for another 3 days.

Hence the DVD would make a quicker solution for me, cant wait to get it see you on guys on the Battlefield.

Also regarding the Bit tech Mumble server? is that a VoIP server i was confussed trying to connect to it last night.

12. Vengence93

Looks like your be playing with fire there mate, just a scare to be fair. :rock:

13. benji2412

benji2412 <insert message here>

It does say Pre-order to receive the China Rising DLC, I've pre-ordered it through Tesco using that code. They've promised delivery for Friday and I'm not bothered about playing early. To be honest I'm not holding out much hope on this game given EAs last few big releases, it'll be the last game from EA I ever buy if they've cocked this up.

edit: It's been dispatched.

14. Vengence93

Yea i thought they would of done a click and collect service, but i guess its not as of a big of game to them as GTA5 was. Ive always loved BF4 its been my alternative to COD from day 1, hence im such a big fan, so war like.

15. Vengence93

Did anyone else see BF3 go for free yesterday on origin i belive, guess its not a big deal to them now or that they want more people to get a flavour of BF3-BF4.

Nice marketing technique lol :nono:

16. [PUNK] crompers

[PUNK] crompers Dremedial

Just a heads up in case no-one has noticed, SimplyCD will give you £5 off with BATTLE5OFF bringing china rising to £31.99.

Best price I have seen for UK with guaranteed china rising.

17. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

Looking at the proxy option and the risk is too great to try it.

I will just buy via key seller I think.

18. benji2412

benji2412 <insert message here>

How exactly is China Rising not guaranteed from Tesco? Or are you on about download only?

[​IMG]

19. [PUNK] crompers

[PUNK] crompers Dremedial

Sorry Benji yes I meant from the CD Key hawkers.

I've had too many experiences of waiting by the front door on release day weeping softly as the postman walks past the house ;)

20. Vengence93

Look good find, its too early for us to peel our eyes on such detail! :jawdrop: