1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Best ~£100 Speaker Solution For Desktop AND Turntable?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by tennisball, 1 Dec 2013.

1. tennisball

tennisball [Insert witty comment here]

Wasn't too sure where to put this thread but I thought Hardware seemed the most appropriate.

Basically I'm about ready to upgrade from my £20 logitech speakers I got a few years ago. I'm pretty much only using my speakers for music and I also have turntable which I use them with by plugging them into the headphone jack.

Now, my question is would it be possible to use hi-fi speakers with my turntable (it has that connection where it's the bare wires that go into the back... I don't know the technical term) and then also be able to switch to using them with my computer? And ideally be able to connect my phone, too.

Or am I best just going for the best desktop speakers I can find and continue using a converter for the turntable?

2. Jim

Jim Ineptimodder

You could do it with an amplifier and hi fi speakers.

3. lancer778544

lancer778544 Multimodder

What turntable do you have? It sounds like it has a built in amplifier if it has speaker connections on the back and a headphone jack.

4. GuilleAcoustic

GuilleAcoustic Ook ? Ook !

Same question, what model is it :) ? Seams to have an RIAA preamp, and maybe an amp.

More information, such as output impedance and wattage is important :D. Will try to find something fitting the budget.

5. tennisball

Yeah, it's a Panasonic Stereo Music System SG-X10. From what I can tell it has a built in amp

6. tennisball

i hate to bump, but...

7. spolsh

spolsh Multimodder

You could always plug hi-fi speakers into the back of the old music centre (only connect with thin bare-wire though),then could try plugging the output from pc soundcard to the mic in (I'm assuming one of the front jacks sockets on the front of the music centre is a mic? ).

There are other very convoluted things you could try, but that'd be easiest I think.