1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox 360 After market 360 HDD's

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by CrapBag, 14 Dec 2013.

1. CrapBag

CrapBag Multimodder

Anyone bought one of these after market HDD's at all.?

My son has the original type 360 (not the slim) and he only has a 20gb HDD and is always having to jiggle things around to make room. Original drives seem to be expensive but there are plenty of sellers selling after market equivalents.

Anyone had any experience.

I have thought about putting up a wanted request in the market place for a 2nd hand one but I'm always a little dubious about used HDD's.

2. flibblesan

flibblesan Destroyer

Haven't used one myself but it'll be a standard 2.5" drive that has been modified with hddhackr so it'll work on the Xbox 360. You could always follow one or two of the guides out there for making your own drive but I guess it'll be easier to just buy one. I haven't heard of any problems using them.

3. defined

defined Botch-Job

as fibblesan said, just remove the old 20gb HDD from the casing and replace it with another HDD using HDDhackr, only certain drives can be used tho

4. Blogins

Blogins Panda have Guns

I hacked my own many moons ago and included backwards compatibility!

It's easy to do, just do your research via google to source exactly the right model of HDD then hack away!

5. CrapBag

CrapBag Multimodder

I bought one in the end but I'm going to keep my eye open for a 2nd hand WD drive and have a go at hacking his old 20gb drive just for the experience.

6. goldstar0011

goldstar0011 Multimodder

I've made my own which worked fine as long as you use the correct model.
    Used to use large USB sticks before I figured out how