Windows Prison Architect

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by benji2412, 7 Mar 2013.

1. GeorgeK

GeorgeK Swinging the banhammer Super Moderator

That's an amazing looking build you've got there chap! I wish mine were a little more symmetrical but it's grown and changed as the game has (and as I have too lol)

As for the trees - I tried to keep a track and I think I planted $8500 worth of trees but I'm sure that I only got ~$7500 back again... I'll give it another go later on I think :)

2. moose67

moose67 Minimodder

That sounds odd because last night I got around 70k off approx 50 trees. I chop them down at night so that the wood is there for next work session. This is from 4 full workshops.

I can't fill up to capacity now since this cell bug has developed. The guards are stuck in some kind of loop and won't allocate the cells properly. I need to fill up to get the extra cash to keep building, so now I have changed plans and am building 4 more workshops.

6am this morning I relented and went to bed. Not been this addicted to a game since Simcity2 on the Supernes :D

3. Cei

Cei pew pew pew

Looks like I might have to give this a spin again - not played since Alpha 7 or 8, which was still at the stage of being unplayable in terms of cash flow and never-ending inmate arrivals. Has the latter been fixed?

4. GeorgeK

You can close your prison to new arrivals or close it to certain types of inmates - mine is closed to minimum security inmates but open to medium and maximum security for example :thumb:

Edit: Moose - how did you manage to get your population up to 400+? I've got a capacity of over 300 but can't seem to get the population increasing... For every prisoner that arrives I seem to have one leave...

Last edited: 31 Dec 2013
  5. Mikee

Mikee What's a Dremel?

When something that needs to be connected to the water supply, such as a toilet, flashes with a water drop does that mean that it's not connected properly? I'm slightly confused, help!

Loving the game however!

6. GeorgeK

Yeah - means it's not connected. Pro tip - use large pipes everywhere as they carry water further than small pipes EXCEPT directly under the toilets in the cells - prisoners can tunnel out through large pipes much more easily than small pipes :thumb:

7. Mikee

Mikee What's a Dremel?

Thanks for the advice - will give it a try. No working toilets or showers may explain why most of my prisoners are a tad on the tetchy side....

8. moose67

moose67 Minimodder

Min and med levels leave too quickly at the moment. Max security will stay longer but you still can't fill up quickly if your building big. Solution is to edit your save game file. Just change the "Intake" total for your desired amount, then save it and reload the map.

Best time to do it is around 4am time. This way when you load the game the AI will have time to sort itself out before the deluge arrives. Doing it at 7.50 am with 100 new arrivals seems to break things. Also make sure you have more cells available than prisoners arriving, this also breaks things it seems and led to the bug I was getting yesterday. I have had to roll back a few days and change the way I was doing things. It seems to be working again at the moment (fingers crossed when I increase even further).

Check out the Starwars mod and the Deathstar map on steam workshop when you get chance guys. Just so dam cute! :)

Last edited: 2 Jan 2014
  9. GeorgeK

Cheers for that bud - decided to bosh 80 prisoners arriving at once and it didn't break! It did however take nearly 10 hours to unload them all :worried:

The result

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And I've just bought the plot of land down from my current prison to cram more of the little buggers in :naughty:

10. moose67

moose67 Minimodder

Wait until you have 800 cons and 8 workshops. It gets worse than the M25 :wallbash:
    I have to do my building work at night now to try and ease the problem.

I've been busy enlarging the canteen and central area. I should be able to feed 1500+ now. So tonight will be spent building more cells and seeing how many more I can cram in before it finally breaks :hehe: (screenie pending....)

I see you have moved the Delivery area onto the east side. Has this caused any noticable issues with the AI assigning cons or stock to either half of the prison?

11. GeorgeK

As far as I can tell the prisoners are assigned fairly evenly across the two 'zones' (max security obviously - the medium security only have one zone). One thing that doesn't appear to work so well however is having two storage areas - I built the one on the right hand side of the road as the workmen seemed to be taking ages to get stuff to the prison on the right hand side of the road but the first thing they did after I built the second storage area was to move everything from the first one on the left to the second one on the right... They're kind of evenly balanced now though...

Looking forward to that screenshot :thumb:

12. moose67

moose67 Minimodder

The truck situation is out of control now. It is constant food and sheet metal deliveries and is proving rather hard to get enough prisoners in at the same time. They are leaving at such a fast rate that I can't get the population over 700 at the moment. Even taking in 150, which can over spill to the next days intake, doesn't cover the exodus. I tried filling up with max security but they just smash the place up :hehe:

I think I might have to close down 4 of the workshops and turn food variety down to a minimum to see if that will help. I have nearly 900 cells now. It was a huge mission enlarging the center hub while keeping the prison running. All part of the fun though. Hoping to hit the 1000 cell mark later tonight.

This is where I am up to. It's a bit messy in places still as I have to fix things at certain times of the day. Although doing anything now just increases the jam up.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=213869863

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=213870350

Sorry for the cruddy links, I've not worked out how to display Steam screenshots directly in here yet :rolleyes: (if it's even possible)

13. moose67

moose67 Minimodder

There is a mod on Steam Workshop that greatly increases the sentences of any new arrivals. It works really well and you will notice the difference within a couple of days. So no need to messs around with the save game files anymore.

I have managed to fill up to capacity of 1100 cons with no riots or serious issues. Truck problem is a lot better now. Turning food variety down to low and relying heavily on trees for the workshops also helps a lot. Time to get busy building more cells and see how many I can cram in.

Prison 4 Life is the mod name. It is on the second page of the mods section of Workshop.

14. crazyg1zm0

crazyg1zm0 Minimodder

I recently got this game on sale from steam , and am loving it spent most of my weekend staring at the screen going in and out of planning mode trying to come up with something, I have 2 working prisons at the moment both low and normal-sec as not going to try high-sec just yet.

At the moment am working on keeping prisoners happy and refining my cell block designs for maximum efficiency, getting patrols and guards right and where is best for metal detectors and what not.

15. N17 dizzi

N17 dizzi Multimodder

Prison Architect version 1 due out 6th October:

]

*Two new game modes*

16. Mr Happy

Mr Happy 4 8 15 16 23 42

In the STEAM sale, Hmmmmmmm tempted