1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Build Advice Refining my newly built PC

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by mkh02, 24 Feb 2014.

1. mkh02

mkh02 What's a Dremel?

Hey guys

I have just built a new PC:

Silverstone FT02b
    Asus Z87 Pro
    Intel i5 4670K
    G Skill Trident 2,400MHZ
    Asus GTX 780
    Corsair H80i
    Corsair AX 760W
    Dell U2713hm
    Corsair Gaming Series Speakers SP2,500

Everything is working nicely and games are running full spec which is great but there are 2 niggling problems I have.

Whilst reasonably quiet. The Corsair H80i does have more noise than I would like. It has SP120L fans. Is there a replacement for these fans that would be quieter and just as good at cooling? Or is it the pump that is causing the noise?

Secondly whilst the monitor is good. There is some slight backlight bleeding in the top left corner, noticable on dark games with the lights off.

Is it possible to get a monitor with no backlight bleeding? I am trying to decide whether to send the monitor back and get a replacement to see if the backlight issue is better but it seems to be a bit of a lottery with IPS screens!

Thank you for any help!

M

2. MSHunter

MSHunter Minimodder

Nanoxia Deep Silence 120mm AT 60.1 CMF and
    14.2 dBS it is the best airflow to sound I have ever seen. I got 2 on my H80 and now it makes less noise then my Gigabyte 3x airforce GTX580. You can just about hear it at 100% setting, when you are very close to the case. Also my temps have gone down at every level.

3. Wonky

Wonky What's a Dremel?

Are you using Corsair Link at all with this cooler?

4. mkh02

mkh02 What's a Dremel?

Hey guys thanks for the replies!

Yes I am using Corsair Link, where I can adjust fans and profiles to quiet/ performance etc.

On quiet its reasonable but on max or performance it whirs like a jet engine!

5. Wonky

Wonky What's a Dremel?

Yeah, having it on max is horrible, but performance should not be too bad.
    What rpm does it run at when on performance mode?
    Off the top of my head mine runs at around 1900 i think and it's not that much of a noticeable sound level unless you're specifically listening for it.