Scratch Build – In Progress OPTERON PRIME - Supermicro 4P folding mayham - folding numbers

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Hukkel, 25 Jul 2013.

1. Hukkel

Hukkel James' minion

Thank you very much Pranja! :thumb:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I got to work on this monster a couple of hours the past few days.

I actually got further than I was expecting. Suddenly things can go much quicker sometimes. Perhaps it feels quick because it has been sooo sloooow the past few months.

I actually got the system to stand onto the pedestal first with some 2by3 pieces of wood in between. Measures hose lengths, cut hoses, etc etc, then layed it from the 3 inch side to the 2 inch side and lowered it time and time again using smaller piece of wood. This has by far been the most annoying, time consuming and painfull thing to do this entire build. Working in such a small space filled with connectors, fittings, hoses and pins sticking out of the AQ6 the entire time. It wasn't fun and at some time I actually thought it wasn't going to fit. But eventually....succes....sort of :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Now it was time to fit the reservoirs and add them to the loop. I knew the front was going to be fine, but the rear didn't have revolvable fittings or anything like that. It took quite some fiddling to get these 2 to fit. Not too happy about the right bended piece. You can see it started to wrinkle a tiny bit. Might redo that one.

After this the front two small ones and finally the longer ones from the bend acrylic to the roof. These two actually are the feed from the pumps and radiators to the top and then the waterblocks.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I am personally very happy with how these two have worked out. The bends almost equal and parrallel.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Now all tubes and hoses are connected it is time to brew some potion :naughty:

Very cool Mayhems coolant concentrate. Needs 750ml pure water, add 250ml (bottle) of LIME UV to get this bright yellow coolant. It looks super UV green when in dark and UV lit. But I wanted it to be green in daylight as well. So I added 3 drops to this liter of coolant to get this bright in-your-face green coolant. I love it. Also a few pictures of it with some UV light on. Is this cool or what? I know I really like it A LOT. :clap:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Next time; filling the loop.

2. Ianovski

Ianovski Rawr!

Tim, this is absolutely stunning! Can't wait to see it all filled up!!

3. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

4. Maki role

Maki role Dale you're on a roll... Lover of bit-tech

I love how this is really taking shape now. Loving the coolant colour too, pastel was simply born to be that green, much prefer it to the clear variety in this colour scheme.

5. r104_for

r104_for What's a Dremel?

6. Derick

Derick Senpai Studios

Coming together nicely.

7. siliconfanatic

siliconfanatic Johny-come-Lately

Agreed. Not really sure why they'd make uv green coolant yellow under white light but hey, I've seen weirder ( one illuminated, spiral acrylic r0d pops to mind) :lol:

YEHBABY likes this.
  8. Hukkel

Hukkel James' minion

Thanks Ian!

:hip:

Thank you very much mate!

Thanks

Thank you Derick. Hope it meets the EKWB standard.

haha well it is kinda fun I guess. Give you a kind of a flipmode think going.

Thanks for your comment :clap:

9. Hukkel

Hukkel James' minion

Not too happy currently

I was filling the loop today. I was even shooting a HD video of the loop filling with all the tubing filling with UV green.

But disaster struck :(

I have an enormous leak in the bottom end somewhere. At first I was scared thinking the radiator was leak. But I think it was either a leaking fitting now or perhaps a fitting that got a bit loose after all the tiny work area pulling and pushing fittings and hoses. The pedestal was completely filled with a mm of water and it was pooring from the rear. The worst spot it could happen. I can't see anything down there. I had to empty the loop, disconnect the hoses to the case, remove the case from the pedestal and take everything apart. And that is just to see the reason behind the big leak. It was not funny, 't was very frustrating.
    I took the bottom part apart in the bathtub. Man the entire bathtub was UV green. Well better that, than the desk and the floor.

It is all apart now, cleaned, wet and waiting for it to dry up really well before I go and put it back together.

I sometimes wish I just bought a Caselabs instead. I could find out what is wrong much easier that way.

But I can't go back now without finishing this. I need to look at a completely filled loop and the arch over it and everything turned on. I just have to!

Here are some pictures I took. Some I actually like a lot. But the loop didn't get filled up completely due to the big leak.

I am going to go and play a videogame tonight. I don't want to think about this build anymore tonight...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Votick

Votick My CPU's hot but my core runs cold.

ohhh noessss :(

Looking sick though mate.
    Can't wait until it's folding :)

11. Maki role

Maki role Dale you're on a roll... Lover of bit-tech

Sucks about the leak, it's bloody annoying when it happens in a hard to reach area like that. Have you checked all of the angled fittings thoroughly? The EK ones have had some issues I've noticed (sorry guys, hope it's all back to normal now!), a friend had a number of them fail on him in a similar manner, not sure about the cause though.

Gotta say that it looks badass under the UV light through, very L3P (which is definitely a good thing).

12. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

Absolutely gutted. The shots you do have look incredible. At least the leak was down in the pedestal and not up top where it would have rained down all over the board.

13. l3p

l3p www.^.nl

Thanks Maki :blush:
    Tim ... well .. you know I'm addicted to green and uv .. AWESOME update :D

14. B NEGATIVE

B NEGATIVE All Hail Kim Jong Magoo!

Wow,that sucks Huk,did you track it down to anything specific?

15. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Comes to us all with age. :p

But seriously: sorry to hear it, dude. Take a breather and come back to it with a fresh mind. You will get it sorted. You will be victorious. No pain, no gain! No guts, no glory! Madness, you say? NO. THIS. IS. BIT-TECH!!!

16. jinq-sea

jinq-sea 'write that down in your copy book' Super Moderator

Oh man, leak bad times. The system looks amazing though! Fingers crossed you can get the leak sorted :)

17. Hukkel

Hukkel James' minion

Thanks man. I can't wait either. But first things first. Get this loop closed and running.

Hey Maki thanks for the nice comments :thumb:

Well I have filled the loop 4 times now and drained it 4 times because of leaking :wallbash:
    I have bought and used myself 4 black 90 degree fittings of the old type. And sadly first on the leftside 2 were leaking and then 2 on the right side were. Plus one other fitting that came loose a tad because of the constant taking apart and refitting.

I have changed the two left fittings. I should have 2 replacement 90 degree fittings for the right as well today in the mail. So lets pray 5th time is a charm...or something like that :D

That is true, I have actually showered the pedestal twice now. It showeds more than I do :duh:

haha true and I just HAD to try it sometimes myself. And irl it looks even more awesome. That radiant colour :jawdrop:

Hey B, yeah especially those 4 black 90 degree fittings were dripping in a very fast tempo on the revolving opening. I mean really fast. I guess I will just take it two fittings at a time :hehe:

HA :lol:
    I hope my own bottom end will stay shut for a good few years :lol:

You are right! Lets get this thing finished :rock:

Thanks a lot :)
    Yeah it is more a matter of holding on and keep replacing the leaking fittings untill there is none left :dremel:

18. Asouter

Asouter --------

It's about time that I caught up with your build Hukkel, It is looking really good.
    It's a damn shame about that leak, but the colour of that coolant looks the business, hope you get it sorted ... I'm really looking forward to seeing how turns out ... Chin up mate :)

19. Phame

Phame COOOOFFFFEEEEE

Tim <3:naughty:

20. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

Great build mate! - I would test the loop with just water next time when you find the leak. Always easier to clean up!

Anyway, looking forward to the finished build! ;)