1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TV Shows Anyone else excited about this? (Game of Thrones)

Discussion in 'General' started by Pookeyhead, 18 Jun 2010.

1. Harlequin

Harlequin Modder

danny / sansa and arya are all older than the books - had to be though , cant really have naked 13 year olds sleeping around on tv.... (danny was born in 284 and the events of the first book were supposed to be 13 years later in 297 - given that the 2 weddings where 299/300)

edit:

sansa is younger - was born in 286 , so is 11 in the first book - hence cersei`s comment when at the feast in winterfell ` has she bled yet`.

arya was born in 289 - so is in fact 8 in the first book

hence why they had to be aged for the tv series.

and regarding `that scene` (21/04/14) showing - the book has it slightly differently - far less of the connotation of the tv show.

Last edited: 30 Apr 2014
  2. Hamfunk

Hamfunk I AM KROGAN!

Which scene?

You mean the viper bumming all the boys? Or something else? The TV show is pretty ridiculous in it's flesh quota per episode. It throws the subtlety of the books into the wind and lays everything bare.....Who killed Joff? Boom there you go! Who tried to knife Bran? Boom there you go! I waited several books to work out who tried to knife bran! I didn't even clock that Renly was a bender in the books, that's how bloody subtle the books were! /Rant

3. Harlequin

Harlequin Modder

no the rape seen with Jaime and cersei - in the book she doesn't want to , then consents then is enthusiastic about it

4. ccxo

ccxo On top of a hill

Well episode 5 was interesting, nice to see them getting back to the Hound and Arya, always a good bit of humour.

Craster Keep got wrapped up pretty quickly-
    sorted the whole Bran/John issue.

5. jinq-sea

jinq-sea 'write that down in your copy book' Super Moderator

All of the departures from the books seem a little odd to me, as if HBO are trying to make something that's already very exciting EVEN MORE EXCITING AND A BIT DUMBED DOWN. It's still great fun to watch though.

Hmm. We'll see.

6. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

I can already guess what the "highlight"/"cliffhanger" is going to be for the end of this season, :D

I was wondering what had happened to coldhands after the last episode, I thought Bran etc had met him in the last season, but going through it quickly now, seems coldhands wasn't featured, must be imagining the scenes from the books.
    Also, the nightswatch brother who tries to take bran from crasters, he wasn't part of the books was he, in fact, the whole thing with them getting captured at crasters wasn't in the books was it?

7. Cei

Cei pew pew pew

Bran at Craster's, or indeed any of the stuff at Craster's, was not in the books. End of.

I'm getting the impression HBO are trying to spin the wheels somewhat, as they are rapidly approaching the end of material for some of the characters. Bran's storyline doesn't progress much further than him meeting up with the Children of the Forest, which is inevitably going to happen this season. After that there is no book material yet written, so HBO may be simply trying to pad his storyline out.

I'm also thinking Mance's army is the slowest thing ever. Jon has had the time to climb the Wall, run from the Wildlings back to Castle Black, mess around there for a while, then go back out to Craster's...and Mance is still not close. Perhaps they're having a Wildling party?

Generally I enjoyed S04E05 more than S04E04. They dealt with the diversion from the book relatively quickly, and there was less explanation of subtleties for idiots. We even had a lower sexytime quota.

I enjoyed the put-downs The Hound dishes out to Arya, in particular "Your friend’s dead and Meryn Trant’s not because Trant had armor and a big f***ing sword"

8. ccxo

ccxo On top of a hill

Well
    Mance is waiting for the wildlings and cannibal party that are south of the wall to attack castle black when he assults- they have to signal him with their warg but hes killed by John Snow- plus with a large army it takes time to move it due to supplies. Also need Stannis Baratheon to sail north as well yet- maybe episode 9?

9. Hamfunk

Hamfunk I AM KROGAN!

Good episode, particularly enjoyed Lysa Tully / Arran crazy-ness
    that bitch is crazy! Roll on the moon door.....

10. Cei

Cei pew pew pew

I know what they're waiting for, it just seems to be rather delayed. Maybe the Thenns are busy
    eating everybody?

11. Harlequin

Harlequin Modder

so - thoughts on peter dinklage getting all angry - who wins in the rhetoric :D

notice the difference between the iron throne and the iron bank of bravos? one is there to stay and the other is made of cutlery ;)

really liked ramsey scene with `reek` - Stockholm syndrome anyone!

12. johnnyboy700

johnnyboy700 Minimodder

God, Tyrion was angry wasn't he? I'm looking forward to the next time he confronts his father in the throne room.

13. Ending Credits

Ending Credits Bunned

Oh you!

14. mansueto

mansueto Too broke to mod

I'm more looking forward to book 6 and 7!

15. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

Was it just me or did that last episode seem to go by in a blink of an eye.

I was watching it, and all of a sudden, the credits came up, and I'm sitting there trying to think what had happened! :D

Thoughts on Hizdar?
    I'd pictured him as older and larger after reading the books.

I can see I'm going to have to read the last 2 or 3 books again to try and refresh my memory some more, :D

16. willowthewhite

willowthewhite Minimodder

Me and the missus thought the exact same thing, and I'm sure there was less add breaks than previous weeks.

17. hyperion

hyperion Minimodder

Oh man I hope that karma Houdini Pycelle gets his soon.

18. Harlequin

Harlequin Modder

think sky have listened to the people who pay the wages about advert breaks.

19. Hamfunk

Hamfunk I AM KROGAN!

Great episode, Tyrion at the end was brilliant! He nailed it!

20. Hamfunk

Hamfunk I AM KROGAN!

Another great episode, but increasingly concerned about some accelerated plots and others mincing about!