Education Are you overweight?

Discussion in 'General' started by Kronos, 18 Aug 2014.

1. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

Only the old classic:

[​IMG]

Sorry for ruining yet another thread, I wonder if Nexxo's forgiven me yet for derailing his "no longer a mod" thread :hehe:

Oh, and +1 on the hot wife thing - I too am very lucky indeed :naughty:

2. TrevDX

TrevDX Ah Who Cares Anyway???

I'm overweight, have been since I really found beer at 17 (some 16 years ago now) also gave up smoking last year and that put another 2 stone onto my average 5'10" frame. Thankfully this year I've got my eating habits back to a normal 3 meals a day and minimal snacking.

I want to do more exercise to shift some more weight and hopefully will once the work is finished at home and have access to my exercise bike that I bought earlier this year but I also would like to go to the gym but going on your own when you're not in shape is a really daunting task (for me).

I really would like to lose 4-5 stone before I hit 40 especially with my desk job just need to try and get it done.

3. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

<rimshot>

4. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

OK people there is a new and scientific way to tell if you are overweight and hopefully whether you will have a longer life and all it needs is a bit of string.

A study to be published tomorrow sets out the exact penalty if you allow the inches to accumulate around your waist. According to the research the ideal formula for living a long life is having a waist with a circumference no more than half your height, according to an article in the Sunday Times this morning.

I am OK as I have a waist of 30 inches down from 34 inches five years ago and a height of 5 foot 9 inches. Though I would like to point out that I used to be 5 feet 10 and a half inches so I am definitely shrinking as I age.

So if you want to live a long life keep your waist measurement to less than half your height.

5. jrs77

jrs77 Modder

Last edited: 6 Jan 2018