Gaming Battlefield Hardline Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Dogbert666, 27 Mar 2015.

1. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

Yup we can all rest assured that Hardline doesn't come with any DRM, it's the Origin client software that comes with it. :eyebrow:

Don't most people already know how invasive the Origin client is anyhow?
    The EA Origin terms are rather permissive to say the least, i wouldn't install spyware on purpose.

2. XXAOSICXX

XXAOSICXX Minimodder

True. But at least with Origin you stand a (good) chance of a getting a refund if the game is a stinker, which is something Our Lord GabeN doesn't see fit to do.

3. Hanshin

Hanshin What's a Dremel?

Thank you for the review!

I am not sure if I want to buy it now, I was hoping for something better...

4. leexgx

leexgx CPC hang out zone (i Fix pcs i do )

i would say avoid this game and wait for the real one to come out

5. xaser04

xaser04 Ba Ba Ba BANANA!

Read a few reviews, watched some gameplay footage (including Angry Joe's rent / review) and bought BF4 wtih all of the DLC for £25 instead.

Suprisingly my GTX690 handles it fine at near max settings @ 5905(5760)x1080.

6. Stelph

Stelph Minimodder

Doesnt CEX offer a 12 month warranty on all products?
    https://uk.webuy.com/terms/

7. Bitterix

Bitterix What's a Dremel?

What?

If you are worried about DRM why would you worry about getting The Witcher 3 unless they release a Steam version?

This makes no sense at all since the GOG version will be DRM free, including free of Steam.

8. Bradley8988

Bradley8988 What's a Dremel?

Just confirms what I thought after seeing the trailers. Glad I didn't bother with it.

9. wolfticket

wolfticket Downwind from the bloodhounds

Yep, far from being worried about the DRM on it, The Witcher 3 is going to be pretty much the only AAA game release in years that will be available properly fully DRM free. The Steam version will be the option with the most DRM.

Good ole CD Projekt Red :)

10. PaulJG

PaulJG Minimodder

Think I must be the only one who's actually enjoying the game! ;)

TBH, I thought that review was a little 'unfair' and missed some of the key points, firstly.. ITS FUN! - it doesn't take itself seriously, there's more Easter eggs and crazy gun reload animations then you can shake a stick at, just checkout the 'sofa ride'..

Gun's arent given - but earnt the hard way.. and bought.. a kill will award you a certain amount of 'cash' which you can then save up to buy the latest gun or gizmo., which is quite a welcome change from BF. (you'll find there's a lot more variety of weaponry used by players than BF) The maps themselves range in size, my favorite being 'The Block' - something that is more akin to a close quarters map. Only being made up of half a dozen block houses.. you'll eventually knock seven bells out of it, before catching it alight - and then finally demolishing it! - you can end up with something resembling a level from Bad Company! (total devastation)

Levolution is used to good effect, with the usual buildings and weather effects. The Bank Heist - a great level, sees you attacking the bank with explosives, however a quick recon of the roof uncovers another way.. blast the air conditioning unit, which drops down through the building opening up yet another way to progress. Talking of effects, things such as gas canisters can have a big effect on play, slowly by slowly you'll lose focus, finally becoming unconscious - a really well done effect, as is the dust storm in another level.

Generally the 9 levels range from very good - to average, it has been said that Hardline is nothing more than a 'mod' for BF, I believe this to be untrue.. sure it uses the same engine - just as Medal of Honor did - but play the game for any amount of time and you'll see that a lot of time and love have been put into the game.

Soo.. for me - Hardline was worth the outlay, I'm enjoying it! :)

Last edited: 13 Apr 2015
Tags: Add Tags