White PCB's

Discussion in 'Asus UK' started by Otis1337, 25 Apr 2015.

1. Otis1337

Otis1337 aka - Ripp3r

Why the lack of white PCB's? Do they cost more to make over black?
    this seems a great thing to jump on as its not been done for around 10 years properly (sapphire use to do them back in the day).

I think lots of people like me would love to see more White PCB motherboards. Looks fantastic with a contrasting all black case. [see video below]

skip to 12:30

here is oc3d with your Mark S Sabranco Limited Edition, a very nice mobo, but out of reach for most of us with a £230 price tag.

Most enthusiasts are going to be spending £110-150 on there motherboards so having something within this range would be great.
    My dream would be a small branch off the ROG stuff or even just the PRO Gamer.
    PRO Gamer Frost edition? even the Z97-A stuff, Gold and white would look lush

Maybe even make matching GPU's as well? only KFA2 are offering white PCB but at a massive premium price.

Black and red is massively saturated and over done. Be different.

Last edited: 25 Apr 2015
  2. Arboreal

Arboreal Keeper of the Electric Currants

I agree about the Black & Red, however good it looks. MSI's Black & White Krait looks very clean BTW.
    I would love a Sabranco ITX board, as it would really suit a couple of things I have in mind.

3. Otis1337

Otis1337 aka - Ripp3r

MSI's Black & White Krait is a very good looking motherboard with the black/white but the performance sucks in games.
    I hate MSI's dragon logo, looks like some horrible 90's tattoo. And not to be biased, i also dont like the new Strix look. Much more preferred ROG

4. Jim - ASUS

Jim - ASUS What's a Dremel?

My understanding is that the Mark S was a bit of an experiment in that regard, to see what the demand is like. We have seen some great mods with it as well. Ultimately it all comes down to sales - if they sell well, then I'd be amazed if we didn't make more. If, conversely, they don't sell well, then I wouldn't expect us to keep producing them. I haven't seen any announcements re: new white motherboards, but not saying it can't / won't happen - time will tell in that regard.

The other angle on it is the Thermal Armour on many of our new motherboards, which more and more people are painting to match their rig and then the majority of the visible parts of the motherboard can be any colour you want.

5. Otis1337

Otis1337 aka - Ripp3r

I guarantee your sales of a white PCB motherboards would be much higher on a £110-150 motherboard than a £230 board which is just too expensive for most gamer's and enthusiast. Thats not to say you super high end boards dont serve a purpose, they do, it would just be nice to have a price range like you do with the ROG's.
    Although maybe by comparing it to the z97 Maximus VII Formula sales may work.

6. Otis1337

Otis1337 aka - Ripp3r

7. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Unrepentant Savage

Pick and place machines have issues with white PCBs.

8. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

If feeling daring & happy to wave goodbye to warranty why not mask heat sinks & slots & spray it with plasticote. :dremel: