Other Any 'vapers' out there?

Discussion in 'General' started by Sentinel-R1, 13 May 2013.

1. Sentinel-R1

Sentinel-R1 Chaircrew

Glad that's working for you mate. There's some amazing drippers out there nowadays. They've come a long way from the single coil, shallow drip well pioneers. My first few drippers were bought for producing clouds. Nowadays, I go for the big flavour so look for drippers with deep wells, dual coil and post holes that can take a larger wire diameter for composite coils like claptons.

Don't know what wicking material you're using but I've found the best flavour to come from natural japanese cotton pads. More resistant to dry burning too.

2. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

I'm using exactly that & it goes far. :)

3. Tichinde

Tichinde Minimodder

Well, I reckon my Kangertech battery and my Vision Spinner 2 are on the way out, as are both of the iClear16 clearomisers I'm using......

Spec me a replacement :)

Needs to fit in a pocket, next to my wallet, and that's about it......
    No actual limit on spend, but lets keep it reasonable :)

4. shindead

shindead What's a Dremel?

Can anyone recommend me a good (Cheapish) setup? I have a gryhaze down the road from me in Birmingham but they arnt exactly helpful.... the last few kits I have bought off them just really wernt for me.

I would ideally like a box mod but without a battery that you have to remove to charge. I also like big clouds :p however I dont really want a rebuild-able due to the fact I am lazy and dont think I could be bothered with all the fiddling (I am open to suggestions in this area if you can persuade me) I have a budget of around 40 MAX for the box and then maybe 25 at a push for the head.

5. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

My daily driver is currently an iStick 30w with a Subtank Mini. Came to about £65 all in iirc and is a match made in heaven.

Money could be saved by downgrading to a 20w and Nano too.

Tichinde likes this.
  6. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

7. Nealieboyee

Nealieboyee Packaging Master!

Yeah baby. Kayfun 3.1 and 2.1 arrived and two samsung INR 18650s, plus some Japanese cotton and wire.

8. shindead

shindead What's a Dremel?

9. Tichinde

Tichinde Minimodder

Time to find an in-stock iStick 30 then :)

On the subtanks, how often do you change/rebuild the coil?

10. Zoon

Zoon Hunting Wabbits since the 80s

Pop down to your local ecw and try the Orbit Mega and EMOW Mega. Well in your budget and much better than your old kit. There are three in Brum, one should be near to you. Even if you don't buy they are good guys in there and will let you play with kit!

11. Sentinel-R1

Sentinel-R1 Chaircrew

Depends how heavy a vaper you are and what types of flavours you're using. Sweet flavours and darker colour flavours will clag up a coil and wick a lot quicker than neutral ones. You'll know when it's time to change though as flavour will drop off noticeably. Also, if the liquid in your tank starts to darken once you've put it in there, chances are that there's a lot of black buildup on the coil which is leeching back into the tank. Time to change it.

You don't always have to build a new coil though, a clean and re-wick may suffice. Take out the wicking material and 'dry burn' the coil. This should burn off any clag on there, leaving it nice and clean and give you another week or two with it. New piece of wick and off you go again.

My current subtank's coil is 4-5 weeks old but I'll have to build a new one tonight as I'm switching up to a lighter flavour after a few weeks on Colonel Custard which clags coils up a treat. Very 'caramelly'.

12. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

The good word here of the kanger subtank got me interested so got a subtank plus, holds 7ml juice & it's almost as good as the freakshow dripper for lung hits & the RBA deck is so easy to mount coils, pretty amazing for £30.

Thought you had a Russian 91?, I do but I knackered the chimney base & can only get spares from USA & with shipping the kanger subtank plus was cheaper & actually because it requires no modding out the box it's better.

So another plus 1 for the kanger subtank.

13. Tichinde

Tichinde Minimodder

It was ordered on Monday, should be here by Friday :)

14. GMC

GMC Minimodder

Wales.... :(
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-33025872

This ban is utterly ridiculous. Am I the only one that suspects big tobacco money moving towards the politicians... Or are they just protecting cigarette tax revenues?

How can legislation be passed after "In a public consultation on the proposals last year, 79% of responses were opposed.". How is this democracy???

15. Tichinde

Tichinde Minimodder

Loads of pubs, specifically the chains, shopping centres etc etc already include vaping in their no-smoking policy.....
    So.....meh??

16. GMC

GMC Minimodder

Not the impact that bothers me so much as the passing of I'll conceived legislation in contradiction of public consultation and tarnishing a product against the better interests of public health.

I still can't find anything that explains what the penalty is for ignoring the ban?

17. Tichinde

Tichinde Minimodder

Mis-read your quote, yeah that's pretty much a slap in the face.

18. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

You know what I think? The EU TPD is going to put massive restrictions on vaping, governments are going to start taxing it and cracking down on it, and Wales wants to get ahead of the game. Scotland had the first smoking ban, then Wales, then Northern Ireland, and finally England. Why not be seen to be "at the forefront of public health"?

For me it comes down to choice, and I've had this argument with our security people who try to get me to use the smoking shelter (which is actually completely against our company health & safety policy). The smoking ban was introduced to protect people who do not smoke, and people who have chosen to stop smoking, from being effectively forced to smoke passively. Passive smoking is as harmful as smoking. Therefore the company has no right to ask me to endure passive smoking when I have made the choice to stop smoking. Sure, don't be a knob about it, I get that: don't do it right outside the front door, don't blow clouds in the face of passers-by, etc; but you cannot force me to endure passive smoking against my will. This is what this ban will do: it will effectively turn us all into smokers again.

I've actually been trying to pack in vaping altogether lately, and it hasn't been too successful. I ended up cracking and ordering more concentrate over the weekend (I already had a stash of nicotine, PG & VG here), so I'm currently working my way through 200ml of 1mg red astaire. Once this is done, that's it: come hell or high water, I'm packing it in for good. I'm sick of all the bad publicity, scare/fear-mongering, proposed legislation, EU crackdowns, etc. F--- 'em all, I'm sick of all this s---.

The problem with all of this is the smokers who come after me: they will be robbed of one of the most effective smoking cessation aids ever seen and this country will miss out on what is potentially one of the biggest public health wins we've seen in decades. The smokers that come after me will be left with crappy cig-a-likes manufactured by tobacco companies, devices that deliver a laughable hit and taste like dog s---.

These policies are asinine, short sighted, and potentially a massive loss to public health.

EDIT: Signed, Mr Angry from Cardiff :p

19. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

You know what? Vaping as a hobby will go from strength to strength regardless of legislation. But I agree it's farcical for governments to take any punitive action without a full, measured set of evidence.

If someone was able to turn around to me and prove that what I choose to do instead of inhaling burnt plant matter is actually causing me some untold harm, I'd stop in the blink of an eye. But this is not forthcoming nearly a decade into the vaping movement.

20. Domestic_ginger

Domestic_ginger What's a Dremel?

E-cigs contain nicotine and AFAIK carry no warnings. They are not regulated. Whether what people are steaming carries nicotine is a mute point; the authorities shouldn't have to check.

I think its good thing banning any smoking in public places. Health and peer pressure reasons. I smoke role ups. I have been promising myself I'll quit but there's no way I'm smoking e cigarettes.

If you buy nicotine then you have to consider the hazards, why is buying it in vapourisable form any different?

LD50 at 50mg/kg is quite a lot ie if you are a 50kg rat; eating 2.5g (or 1/2 a teaspoon) gives you a 50% chance.

http://www.sigmaaldrich.com/MSDS/MS...catalog/product/sigma/n3876?lang=en&region=GB