1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch Build – In Progress H2O-Micro (<3 Liter watercooled gaming system)

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by QinX, 29 Jan 2015.

1. QinX

QinX What's a Dremel?

Some call it cheating some call it being creative with numbers :D.
    There are both pros and cons to having the external power bricks, I made the choice to go with external.
    People that really want an internal PSU should take a look at the Dondan A4 case, those who also want watercooling already have the option in the NCase M1.

Temperatures for the CPU are high in Prime95, but for regular gaming they are more than fair.
    Right now the entire system is cooled by the 2x80mm radiator, the final version will have 2x92mm radiator
    2x80mm has a surface area of 128cm^2
    2x92mm has a surface area of 169.28cm^2

A surface area increase of 32%. combine with 92mm fans the entire system should be more silent and have a bit of extra thermal head room as well.

2. shinji2k

shinji2k Minimodder

Ah, I missed the planned rad upgrade. Still, it's quite an achievement to cool hardware that powerful with so little rad space. If you're brave you can delid the Haswell and replace the crap TIM for a nice drop in temps.

3. storm-83

storm-83 Minimodder

This is soooo cool!
    Looks way better than any of those store bought "small form factor" machines - and is actually small / tiny...

The rad upgrade will be an interesting one, should yield some good bench temps

4. deano-5

deano-5 What's a Dremel?

I really like what you've done here. I would prefer to have 1 powerbrick. Not that I could afford to build this lol

5. QinX

QinX What's a Dremel?

Hi everyone,

Sorry about the lack of updates, I've been busy with the new design and getting my BOM and pricing complete.
    I'm close to final but you will have the bear with me for a little longer ;)

For now all I can show you is a small teaser of the new design.

[​IMG]

6. Arboreal

Arboreal Keeper of the Electric Currants

That looks amazing! You have been busy.
    Interested to see how this come out.