Gaming SOMA Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Combatus, 22 Sep 2015.

1. Combatus

Combatus Bit-tech Modding + hardware reviews Lover of bit-tech Super Moderator

2. Aterius Gmork

Aterius Gmork smell the ashes

Good to know Frictional Games seems to be back on track after the huge disappointment that was A Machine for Pigs.

Still, I'll wait for a sale this time around. As brilliant and scary as Amnesia is, MfP is just so incredibly boring I still regret buying the game at launch.

3. SMIFFYDUDE

SMIFFYDUDE Supermodders on my D

^^ Frictional only published Machine for Pigs, it was developed by The Chinese Room, the guys who make pretentious 'walking simulators'.

4. mi1ez

mi1ez Modder

Vulnerable

Looks good though, will give it a go.

5. Aterius Gmork

Aterius Gmork smell the ashes

Thats a good description. Pigs is a 'walking simulator'. A boring walking simulator. Yes, I'm still salty.

Anyway, seeing the good scores the game seems to get everywhere I might grab the game on the weekend. How is the controller support?

6. tupera

tupera What's a Dremel?

I've been playing now for ~8 hours. No, I haven't finished the game, I really enjoy taking my time with games like this. You made so many points that I would agree with 100%. Especially, "While SOMA offers more moments of serenity than is usual in one of Frictional's games". For me the tension is not as frequent as I had hoped (Like Alien Isolation). I am surprised you didn't rate it higher though, especially considering its relatively low price. Overall, I'm really enjoying this game!

Tags: Add Tags