Gaming Quantum Break Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Combatus, 12 Apr 2016.

1. Combatus

Combatus Bit-tech Modding + hardware reviews Lover of bit-tech Super Moderator

2. stealth80

stealth80 Minimodder

Love to play it, but I'm STILL waiting for my pre-order code that said and quote "sent out on the week of the 5th April"

3. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

Really like the idea of a game that plays with fractured time and the possibilities for interesting game play that comes from that, when i read Quantum Break uses a third-person view along with the de rigueur cover system and worst yet regenerating health, those game mechanics put me right off it.

4. law99

law99 Custom User Title

5. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

6. somidiot

somidiot Minimodder

So, where's the shiny recommended badge?

7. kent thomsen

kent thomsen What's a Dremel?

Nice review, thnx. :)

When ever you write in a review, that it takes so-and-so many hours to complete the game you´re reviewing, which level of difficulty are you playing on?

I´m only a casual gamer, but sometimes, when I read a review of a game i own, I realize, that either I´m an extremely lousy gamer and you are quite the opposite, or you play at a lower level than I do.

I always turn the settings all the way up no matter what, to extend the life of the game as much as possible.

But then it´s absolutely impossible to finish tha game even in a fraction of your time.

Are you always at "Easy" or equivalent in order to be able to write the review in time?

8. JakeTucker

JakeTucker Minimodder

I usually play on Normal. When reviewing a game I try to play it as close to what most people will experience, so I'll play it on Normal and where possible avoid any pre-order DLC, mods or other items.

One note though is that I'm probably no better than anyone here at a game, but I am very very familiar with the language of games, which means that I very rarely get stuck on a puzzle for example, because I've often seen 6-7 different variations in other games. Similar with weapons and combat: i've done it a lot playing so many games (i don't just review here, for example) and so I tend to pick up the finer details quite a bit faster than most.

@Somidiot: No recommended badge, if you're not bothered about the world it's probably not worth one, and while my review is subjective (and always should be) I try to award shiny badges objectively as a thing I'd recommend to everyone. Does that make sense?

9. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

I've often wondered myself how reviewers get through games so quickly. COD MW2 took me about 8 hours on the easiest setting. I have terrible reactions due to medication I take. However, I didn't die once and it was all in one sitting. Yet reviewers say they could complete it in just over four hours. I never understood how that was possible.

MW2 had no puzzles and you had to wait for it and couldn't rush it.

Edit. Forgot the URL now but I actually found a website that has average completion times on it a couple of weeks back.

10. kent thomsen

kent thomsen What's a Dremel?

@ Jake Tucker: Yes of course, that makes sense. Thanx.

11. gw74

gw74 What's a Dremel?

marks out of 10?

12. Hex

Hex Paul?! Super Moderator

Was it HLTB? (https://howlongtobeat.com/game.php?id=19853) We use that to work out how many streams a game will take. It's pretty useful!

I actually really enjoyed QB, but I know there will be a lot of bad stuff around social media now because AJ has done a review on it and kept tweeting how bad it was. I used to like his reviews, but he's not the sharpest tool in the box and his fanbase believe all the stuff he gets wrong /sigh

Tags: Add Tags