Kill this, PLEASE - n00b thread

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Guest-44638, 20 Apr 2016.

1. Guest-44638

Guest-44638 Guest

Last edited by a moderator: 8 Jun 2020
  2. RagingMadman

RagingMadman What's a Dremel?

First thing, I'd go balls deep on a monitor upgrade so this is great.
    One thing you're going to have for a long time regardless of hardware upgrades is a monitor.
    I would GREATLY recommend that you prioritize monitor features in the following order:

Bigger IS better
    IPS over TN. Gaming or not, the input lag/response time is negligible and not even noticeable but the quality of a IPS is godly compared to TN
    Hz
    Resolution
    Speakers <this being the last thing you should prioritize on the feature tree if at all

I personally think your monitor choice is great.

I recently broke the bank with a $800 USD asus 279q and out of every upgrade I've ever made on my PC (aside from going from a regular keyboard to a corsair k70) this is honestly the upgrade that has made me the happiest. So go all out on that monitor upgrade and you won't be let down

3. SchizoFrog

SchizoFrog What's a Dremel?

For the longest time I have been dreaming of getting the Dell UtraSharp U2515H which has the same specs but is around £50 dearer. I'd be interested to hear further opinions regarding the quality of AOC screens and maybe an opinion comparison between the AOC and the Dell. My main concerns would be immediate image quality and also long term durability.

EDIT: I do have to admit that the AOC is a very nice looking monitor.