Gaming Rumour: Michael Beihn confirms Blood Dragon 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by JakeTucker, 21 May 2016.

1. JakeTucker

JakeTucker Minimodder

2. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Can lightning strike twice? We shall see...

3. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

Not really sure that a sequel is required or wanted. I enjoyed Blood Dragon but it wasn't nearly as clever or as funny as it thought it was, and the novelty had worn off by the end. That being the case, I'm not particularly bothered about a sequel.

4. GeorgeK

GeorgeK Swinging the banhammer Super Moderator

I loved Blood Dragon - I played it through from start to finish at least twice and am tempted to give it another whirl now :D :D :D :D

Edit:
    What you did there. I see it.

5. smc8788

smc8788 Multimodder

*by you, from the sounds of it. There are a great many of us who have been awaiting a second game since we finished the first, there's really nothing else out there like it.

The original wasn't supposed to be clever anyway, it was supposed to be utterly bat**** bonkers....that was the point. Riding an titanium plated cyber dragon into battle with a laser gun obtained from a parallel dimension mounted on your arm is not the mark of a game which takes itself seriously.

6. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

Er, yes, by me. Given that this is the internet, I don't think it's necessary to preface every post with "THIS IS MY PERSONAL OPINION AND YOU ARE NOT COMPELLED TO AGREE OR DISAGREE WITH IT!" I appreciate that a lot of people loved the original and would like a sequel, and all power to them.

As to whether the original took itself seriously or not, that wasn't my point. My point was that the novelty had worn off towards the end of the first game and the whole thing had become a bit tired and over-extended (IN MY OPINION), so given that the conceit didn't hold up for the duration of one game, I'm not sure that it will extend to a sequel.

IN MY OPINION ;)

7. smc8788

smc8788 Multimodder

Well since we're being overly defensive, I was merely attempting to correct your grammar as the sentence was somewhat ambiguous. The fact that 'this is the internet' rather than any other form of written media doesn't preclude the correct use of pronouns:

"A sequel is not required or wanted" has a very different meaning to "I don't feel a sequel is required or wanted"

(;))

8. cps1974

cps1974 What's a Dremel?

looked fun but the colours made my eyes bleed and my head hurt

9. azrael-

azrael- I'm special...

Michael Beihn...?

I'm guessing you mean Michael Biehn, of Terminator (the original "Kyle Reese"), Aliens ("Hicks") and The Abyss ("Coffey") fame. I didn't even know he voiced the main protagonist in Far Cry: Blood Dragon. Go figure... :)

Tags: Add Tags