1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

E.U: Leave or Stay? Your thoughts.

Discussion in 'Serious' started by TheBlackSwordsMan, 22 Feb 2016.

1. theshadow2001

theshadow2001 [DELETE] means [DELETE]

sky news are also broadcasting live on youtube

2. lilgoth89

lilgoth89 Captin Calliope

looks like it will be a Leave, unless Remain finish strongly, but they have a fair mountain to climb

3. theshadow2001

Yes, Farage seems like he's already celebrating. There's going to be some fun times ahead. :D

(The pound is after plummeting, I wish I had bought that SSD off of littlepuppi this week.)

4. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

Pound hit record low since 1985 vs US$...
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-36611512
    Where are your answers to that Farage?

Scotland and NI predictably favoured Remain, is the rift between the parts of the UK about to get even deeper now?

Last edited: 24 Jun 2016
  5. lilgoth89

lilgoth89 Captin Calliope

pretty much, a few people are thinking that Scotland will have another referendum for indepandance ( and to rejoin the EU )

but they have the best of both worlds, if the UK ends up stronger, they can stick with us, if we go to the clappers, they can leave and rejoin the EU

6. StingLikeABee

StingLikeABee What's a Dremel?

69% of the electorate with a 69.5% turnout for my town voted out. That was very unexpected on my part. Our village is just a small part of the town and other parts of the town I expected to be more pro EU than here. If anything I expected a remain vote for our town by a very small majority. I was expecting a very close national result.

7. StingLikeABee

I tried following it, I fell asleep after the Sunderland vote came in though. My wife woke me just after 5 and I was gobsmacked by the English votes. I believed the poorer areas would vote out but wasn't expecting some of the majorities leave gained.

8. Andersen

Andersen I'm fine. I'M FINE! *banshee howl*

I'm neutral on the topic.

However, any ideas how this is going to affect immigration from EU member country? Graduating in november or december and I might have a job in UK.

9. Disequilibria

Disequilibria Minimodder

You'll most likely be fine if your settled and working here. It'll take 2 years to leave.

10. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

So today marks the beginning of the end for the United Kingdom, if anyone thinks Scotland's not going to hold another referendum is kidding themselves.

11. Andersen

Andersen I'm fine. I'M FINE! *banshee howl*

Cheers mate. Lets hope I manage to do that before things go bad.

12. StingLikeABee

Corky that was always on the cards anyway, even if the vote went for remain. Now Sturgeon has the excuse she's been waiting for.

13. theshadow2001

I see politicians up the north are talking about a democratic deficit, saying that they have been dragged out of Europe by England, going against what the people of Northern Ireland have voted for. Same goes for Scotland too. It looks like there will be a push for a referendum in Northern Ireland now at least. I doubt it will come to much though.

14. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

We're going to build a wall and we're going to get them to pay for it. ;)

15. StingLikeABee

With a little bit of TLC Hadrian's Wall would suffice, after all it was good enough for the Romans ;-)

16. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

And of course the drama from the Sinn Fein demands for an NI referendum will unfold right in the dreaded july of the year that is the 100th anniversary of the easter uprising...

*runs off to book a last minute holiday at other end of the world*

17. StingLikeABee

We had a Picnic in the Park event planned for tomorrow at our local park. It's a great way for our community to get together and share time together as a community. I know that is going to end up a celebration of today's result, even if it's not spoken. The result has vindicated what we as a community have been saying for the last two years. We are getting emails and Facebook messages by the dozens from people in our town telling us why they voted out. They saw our plight as a community, they knew their communities would most likely be next and they voted out. Enough was clearly enough, now we can begin the process of healing the country. Pessimists be damned for today, nothing is going to spoil my day today :)

18. t5kcannon

t5kcannon Minimodder

Yeah it was all going so amazingly here up to now (not). The UK was being engulfed in an imperial project to build an EU state. Fortunately, we have chosen a different path with Brexit. Democracy won today.

19. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

It's just shame the vote to leave isn't going to change anything other than make us all poorer.

@t5kcannon, obviously it's to soon to say but if market trends continue we're going to pay a heavy price, 10% rise in prices, inflation going up, less money in peoples pockets. If you think austerity was bad you ain't seen nothing yet.

20. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

The pound has plummeted to its lowest point since 1985 and the UK has just been told it is losing its AAA credit rating.

Of course steps will be taken to stabilise the economy. You will now gradually find out that when you said "Brexit"...

[​IMG]