1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphics Can i rma my Gigabyte 1080 Xtreme ? Minidump on watchdog folder.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by sew333, 8 Oct 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sew333

sew333 What's a Dremel?

Hello. So today i checked event viewer and i saw entry: LKD_0x141_Tdr:6_IMAGE_nvlddmkm.sys and of course minidump file in Windows/Watchdog...
    Screen:
    [​IMG]

That was during DOOM in 02.10.2016 , i realize today about this when i found it.

Game was not crashed, but event viewer report LKD_0x141_Tdr:6_IMAGE_nvlddmkm.sys and create minidump in Windows/Watchdog folder.

Question. What part of pc is unstable now? Propably GPU even if it is on stock?

I dont oc my pc,all is stock.

6700K no OC ( good temps 60C )
    16GB DDR4
    Asus Z170-P
    Corsair 750 RM
    Gigabyte 1080 Xtreme ( NO OC ,stock clocks )

Currently i am on Windows 10 Anniversary and 368.69 drivers.

Memtest86 pass fine no errors. So if gpu crashed i can rma card now?

So if its my gpu crashed then ( i found minidump in Watchdog folder ) its not unstable on stock clocks and i can rma card,because of that single event?

Beside that all of my games are stable, i can play GTA V no crashes, Heaven, 3dmark 11,13 stable.

Last edited: 8 Oct 2016
  2. noizdaemon666

noizdaemon666 I'm Od, Therefore I Pwn

No, you can't RMA a card unless the issue is repeatable and something actually happens rather than just a random entry in Event Viewer.

3. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

You could RMA it. Unfortunately you would probably get it back, minus the postage charges both ways (I assume you are in the UK).

4. sew333

sew333 What's a Dremel?

It create minidump file on watchdog folder in Windows.

LKD_0x141_Tdr:6_IMAGE_nvlddmkm.sys - this crashed.

ALso happened once and i dont know why.

So this means pc is unstable of some kind?

5. Harlequin

Harlequin Modder

can you repeat the crash at the same point each and everything?

6. sew333

sew333 What's a Dremel?

It happened once and its not repeatable i dont know why. Can be hardware issue still? I can sell whole pc.

7. teamtd11

teamtd11 *Custom User Title*

One off crashes happen, if it is just that, nothing much you can do. You can not really fault find from just a single crash too. You need repetition.

8. sparkyboy22

sparkyboy22 Web Tinkerer

I'll give you £100 for it as it's faulty!

9. sew333

sew333 What's a Dremel?

I know but it created minidump on Watchdog Windows folder, so i am worried about this. So its TDR then and its hardware problem?

10. noizdaemon666

noizdaemon666 I'm Od, Therefore I Pwn

Hundreds of erroneous errors happen all the time within in a Windows installation. It's normal; drivers crash, things get dumped, bits of code have a moment. There is likely nothing wrong with any of your hardware.

It does seem like you want something to be wrong though, almost like a hypochondriac. My advice would be update your drivers and enjoy your PC.

11. alfizzle

alfizzle Ooh aah just a little bit..

This^^^

12. sew333

sew333 What's a Dremel?

Somebody said to me this:"Also you mention that your getting a watchdogs error while playing doom? However nvlddmkm.sys is clearly a driver/and or card failure error. If your crashing on stock clocks, ull need to check that your drivers are fine. I'd try a clean windows install or a nvlddmkm.sys hotfix. If your still crashing I'd definately try and RMA the card.
    "

So that can be card failure?

13. spolsh

spolsh Multimodder

Card hasn't failed, and your games didn't even crash you said. Play your games and turn off all the monitoring programs and stop worrying about it.

14. GeorgeK

GeorgeK Swinging the banhammer Super Moderator

This - it's a one off error. Nothing more at this point. Could be all the monitoring software conflicting and causing the crash :p

Edit: Why are you hunting around in Event Viewer for problems? If your game isn't crashing then you're just time wasting.

Last edited: 9 Oct 2016
  15. sew333

sew333 What's a Dremel?

Because i am worried ,it create minidump file on watchdog folder in Windows. So that was BSOD right? So thats why i am asking. I am worried if maybe that was related to hardware?

16. Krazeh

Krazeh Minimodder

If your game, or computer, actually crashed then maybe there could be something to worry about. But an error in the event log that you would have never known about if you didn't go looking for problems is not an issue to care about.

17. sew333

sew333 What's a Dremel?

Last question. Somebody said to me this:"These are errors with your video - either the card itself or the drivers." SO it can be card like he describing?

18. Krazeh

Krazeh Minimodder

There is nothing wrong with your card. Stop looking for problems where they don't exist.

19. jinq-sea

jinq-sea 'write that down in your copy book' Super Moderator

I don't understand what your point is. If your hobby is RMAing graphics cards, and/or monitoring your frame rates, and/or finding teeny tiny drops in clock speeds, as opposed to building a rig and gaming, then fine. That's just not what most of us do round here. You've had lots of advice - either take it, enjoy your PC and play games and run benchmarks, or just ignore it and RMA your card. Either way, stop posting about it. It's a waste of everyone's time. Thanks.

20. sew333

sew333 What's a Dremel?

Yes i know. Just asking,because i want to know if my hardware is fine. So thats why i create topic.Sorry for problem.

Game didnt crash, but event viewer report LKD_0x141_Tdr:6_IMAGE_nvlddmkm.sys and create minidump in Watchdog folder.

It happened once and its not repeatable i dont know why. I am worried about that minidump created.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.