Blogs Hello Games did the right thing by keeping quiet after No Man's Sky; here's why

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Dogbert666, 28 Nov 2016.

1. iggy

iggy Minimodder

How much did Sony pay for this piece?

2. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Am I the only one who thinks that people expected a bit too much from this game, and are taking all this just a bit too seriously?

3. badders

badders Neuken in de Keuken

Those of us who remember Spore were probably less inclined to expect too much - I didn't buy NMS personally.

Glad to see history repeating itself though.

4. XXAOSICXX

XXAOSICXX Minimodder

I don't think that it's unrealistic to expect any game to deliver what the Founder & Director of the company producing it personally says in interviews - especially not for £40 - which might be a drop in the ocean to you, but is not necessarily the case for others.

5. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Yes they did, but then Sean Murray told flat out lies about what was in the game from what I can gather (I've not played the game).

Overall, I'm glad I passed it over. I MIGHT pick it up for £3 or less down the road and see if I can be bothered to play it - if I don't I can always get it refunded, or not care about £3 wasted rather than £40.

6. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

+1

It's a bit harsh to criticise the people who bought this game on the strength of promises made by the developer. We're not talking about ambiguous hints and half truths here - there was a video Q&A (on youtube iirc) where he answered questions sent in, and many of those promises were not delivered upon.

I'm also glad I let this slide, but I dont really care about picking it up in the bargain bins either.

7. Zanib

Zanib What's a Dremel?

"but it seems like the devs have brought more of the game to fans for free"

Considering it cost £40 but was worth about £15... I disagree this update was £25 worth of content.

That isn't to say I don't think it still has a great deal of potential though.

8. PaulJG

PaulJG Minimodder

Hmmm.. yeap - I was burnt.. completely my fault - but put my hand up to the hype machine. Not a happy bunny..

I sat on the bench for day's before the release date, umming and erring.. They want £40!, thats £10 more than I usually pay! - So I sat there reading the mag previews, watching the vid's I could find online..

ohhh... space battles, sandworms, big stompy dinosaurs breaking into the open fighting other dinos - SOLD!!

What I really got is a shallow empty game, with the same scripted things happening on every world - cue the 3 flying ships overhead. :( - my fault for being a plonker.. but what a bloody farce.

Tags: Add Tags