1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Star Citizen

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Parge, 10 Oct 2012.

1. Cei

Cei pew pew pew

Yep. End of month apparently!

2. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

That's what I infer from the announcement of the SC Discord server closing down at that time. :thumb:

3. PaulC2K

PaulC2K PC Master Race

Theres not a whole lot of point in starting any SC project that isnt accepted as being a short-term thing, simply because CIG actually look to be actively trying to build what its community would need to keep everything centralised, so a database of Orgs and stuff like that, i think is easily within the scope of what CIG has already done with the basic orgs stuff, and will only improve with time.

I quite fancy trying to build something to calculate lucrative shipping routes, looking at the distances involved, time it'd take, threat assessment, cost of goods + size/quantity, and produce a handful of suggestions. However the star map pretty much does a lot of that already and it isnt a stretch to think it couldnt be expanded to be more than just a futuristic GPS navigation system. Where it think it could be taken further is with niche criteria, such as specifying a destination point/path, so if you were planning on going from Sol to Nyx to meet up with others or do something there, it could list a few options for making money while your heading to that destination because you're going there anyway.

I wouldnt be doing it to make it an app or tool for general use because im sure a dozen others could do it far better and faster than it'd take me, but i'd do it out of interest or boredom. The only incentive to me to do something for the future would be either profit (not good enough) or to influence CIG/Turbulent and hope they see it and thought it had features they could include officially, but it seems fairly pointless starting something thats almost certainly a feature in the upcoming Spectrum releases.

4. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

AtV "Special" on Alien Languages:-

Normal services will resume next week

5. N17 dizzi

N17 dizzi Multimodder

Cool explosions. Discussion on AI. 2.6.1 and 2.6.2 are the next updates.

6. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

And the next one:-

7. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

I see they basically just confirmed VR wouldn't be in the game for a seriously long time..... if ever

Sucks so bad for those excited by the $12m goal.

8. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

On the bright side, patch 2.6.2 will fulfil the $25m goal of bringing international servers.

9. N17 dizzi

N17 dizzi Multimodder

Perhaps they will come up with a limited VR implementation, such as in Arena Commander only.

10. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Correction: Yesterday's RSI newsletter states that the international server integration has gone so well, that it's being brought forward to 2.6.1

11. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Discover how a ship like the Drake Buccaneer goes through our production pipeline. Sandi Gardiner and Forrest Stephan host this episode, which also features an update from Jake Ross in our Austin studio.

In other news, 2.6.1a is open to wave 1 & 2 PTU testers, bringing international servers and a completely updated super hornet.

12. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Weapon stats are much better in the upcoming PTU patch.

13. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

There are times when I wonder if they've forgotten they are making an actual game, instead of just modelling ships.

14. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

PTU has expanded to Subscribers & Concierge. ISTR this comes fairly late in testing.

15. rainbowbridge

rainbowbridge Minimodder

16. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

AtV:-

PTU went to 2.6.1d last night. Still no word if it will go live today.
    When it does, so will the new Spectrum chat & forum client.

On Happy Hour today, Jared said the Anvil Hurricane concept sale would begin NEXT Friday, Feb 24th. No news on price though.

17. Weekly_Estimate

Weekly_Estimate Random bird noises.

Spectrum is live xD

18. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

19. kosch

kosch Trango in the Mango

20. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

So I got this yesterday and the game looks really nice, but I have one major issue with it.

Why does it only use 20% to 30% of my GPU's and have a max frame rate of 30fps??