1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors What do you drive? - The Photo Gallery

Discussion in 'General' started by :: Phat ::, 28 Jul 2003.

1. jrduquemin

jrduquemin Minimodder

I love that RS, would like one myself if it weren't for the astronomical price and running costs :)

2. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Multimodder

Just brought my new work vehicle home... An upgrade from a LWB Ford Transit Connect :D

[​IMG]

3. oasked

oasked Stuck in (better) mud

And a bit bigger too! Good luck parking that monster!

4. davvy76

davvy76 Minimodder

Diy remap time, you'll get around 275bhp, 420nm safely on stock hardware. Have a google of trionic7 tuning and t7 suite. If you decide to go ahead I can loan you a bdm programmer :thumb:

Last edited: 30 Mar 2017
  5. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Multimodder

A smidge bigger :p The L200 is actually narrower than the Transit and only 40cm longer, so not a huge jump.

Having learnt to drive in a Fiat Scudo, then got a Mazda 3 hatchback, then another Scudo and then the Transit connect, parking isn't an issue. Having a reversing camera should help though :D

6. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

I love the reversing camera on my car, and it's only a VW UP! :D

7. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

Last edited: 1 Apr 2017
  8. lancer778544

lancer778544 Multimodder

Cheers davvy but I guarantee I'd screw something up and put a rod through the block or something. Noobtune is well respected on the UK Saabs forums so I'll just post my ECU off up to him :)

9. davvy76

davvy76 Minimodder

Well that was going to be my other suggestion but sometimes people like to fiddle. I got a map for the 9-3 I had from Mr. Noob, it was a fantastic job mate, no complaints, but when I got the 9-5 I decided to diy it just for interest sake really. I'd recommend getting a 2nd ecu and sending that to Saabnoob along with the chassis number of your car, that way you have a stock back up and also you can still use the car while you wait for posting etc. They are around £30 on ebay.

10. Burnout21

Burnout21 Mmmm biscuits

Lovely motor and reliable.

If this is your first T7 Saab, word of warning the oil pickup feed on these is pretty restricted which results in heavy oil sludge blockages.

[​IMG]

The only way to tell is to drop the pan, and once known to be good keep oil changes frequent (8-10K miles on synth, 6-8K on part synth, daily on non-synth :))

Also when you've got the free dosh, grab a genuine T7 "Black Top" DI cassette and stick it in the boot. They fail without warning and without it you're stuffed as most breakdown guys no longer carry them as spares. I mean genuine as the 3rd Party ones cause more problems than a genuine dead one.. lol!

Owner of 2 Door NG900 2.0 Turbo "T5 Red top" & OG 9-5 3.0 TID Estate. My 9-5 has rear koni's which really really really firm up the cornering and make it a lot less boat like.

Welcome to the club :)

11. lancer778544

lancer778544 Multimodder

Thanks burnout! I'm all well aware of the oil sludging problem. Thankfully this being a 2005 model it's got the revised breather system but I am planning on dropping the sump for piece of mind.

I had to replace the DI pack when I bought it to replace one of the many warning lights that were on on the dash so I have the original spare which is good enough to get me home should the new genuine one go problematic.

Plans are to change the CPS since it's in the failure range mileage wise now (77k) once we can get the rounded Torx bolt out and eventually polybush and refurb the front subframe and do all the easy to access jobs when it's out like the gearbox oil, alternator and such.

12. ElThomsono

ElThomsono Multimodder

Transverse engine! Last sump I took off involved creating an engine brace and removing the subframe :lol:

This thread has made me want a Saab, this is an odd feeling :eyebrow:

13. lancer778544

lancer778544 Multimodder

That's the plan!

[​IMG]

14. ElThomsono

ElThomsono Multimodder

[​IMG]

For the eagle eyed among you, that's an M5.

15. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

If she's still there tomorrow I'll be riding off with a Can-am Outlander 500 XT

[​IMG]

16. davvy76

davvy76 Minimodder

No need mate, you can get at the sump by loosening the exhaust where it joins the turbo (tying it off so you don't bend the flexi too much) then from there the sump will slide out towards the passenger side. Let it drop a touch and then slide it again towards the driver side. Job done. Also don't use bog standard off the shelf black liquid gasket because it will clog the strainer if the excess slips inside with the oil. You want saab part 90297970 aka loctite 518.

17. lysaer

lysaer Suck my unit! Kirk lazarus (2008)

It's aliiiiiiive!
    [​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

18. oasked

oasked Stuck in (better) mud

Nice - that's a Nissan RB26 engine judging by the enormous sign on the engine... :lol:

Highly modified Nissan Skyline GT-R R34?

19. lysaer

lysaer Suck my unit! Kirk lazarus (2008)

Rb28 technically I am going to make up a new cover to replace it, it's an r33 gtr ☺

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

20. biojellywobbles

biojellywobbles Minimodder

This is my new daily driver for the summer, owes me a total of £453 after service and MOT, paint is terrible up close but should be good for some summer fun. Always wanted to see what the fuss was about with these cars.

[​IMG]

Last edited: 7 Apr 2017