1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wooden Case

Discussion in 'Modding' started by David13, 18 Nov 2019.

1. David13

David13 What's a Dremel?

Hello,

This is going to be a big stretch but i figured this is going to be the best place to ask. Years ago, probably a decade or more actually I wanted to get into PC modding but I always liked woodwork at school. I tried to build a wooden case for DT, it failed miserably but I tried.

My skills haven't got any better but earning money has allowed me to circumvent this problem. Danger Den use to advertise wooden computer cases, however in 2012 they shut down and I can't find where I saved the file that I used for DT.

So does anyone have a picture/screen grab of the wooden pc cases danger den use to make? They were wooden apart from the side panels which were clear acrylic and I think looked incredible. A extensive google search has provided me with nothing and as previously mentioned I don't have the files saved anywhere that I know of.

2. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

I don't recall them making a case out of wood. They made a couple out of acrylic with the odd metal bracket, but there was this mod which used wood.

3. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Funny, been thinking about making a case out of wood (amongst the other things on the long list of 'things to do but i'll probably never do').

I can't say i've seen any companies producing any, iirc there may have been some bamboo based cases for laptops and the like. Oooh, bamboo case... *adds to list

Arboreal likes this.
  4. David13

David13 What's a Dremel?

5. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

IIRC Lazer3d offer the potion of wood/veneered [i can't recall which] panels for their cases...

6. David13

David13 What's a Dremel?

But where can I find someone to build me one.