Modding From pretzel mod to Bumble Bee

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Drachnem, 8 Dec 2003.

1. Drachnem

Drachnem Minimodder

Well guys as you know my first mod was the pretzel case, and some though it was funny so, i figured i would do a fallow up and show you guys my new mod or painting , as well as a painting my good friend diskreet and I produced a light mod for a flopy pannel. well look for your self and tell me what you think. Also I have just accuried a pice from a thermal take cpu fan , its a slot for the back of the case that controls the fan speed , there are 2 wires coming off it to a plug , what else can i use this pice for , maby lights or something. let me know.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Hwulex

Hwulex Minimodder

Pictures no workie.

You've linked to http://w:/--=[Pictures]=--/Lion%20Lan%20Pics/Rtx-13/AAAA0018.JPG. Doesn't look very right to me. ;)

Try http://www.uploadit.org/ for your image hosting needs. :)

3. Drachnem

Drachnem Minimodder

Postin a pic ?

How do i put pics on here guys...

4. Drachnem

Drachnem Minimodder

Just so you guys know this is the first paint job I'v done to a case other than a straight color , and the bays are under constuction LOL , im up for any and all comments, they will only help me make my next one better.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: 8 Dec 2003
  5. ou7blaze

ou7blaze sensational.

Size! :eeek: ... must....reduce..... :blah:

6. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

NOOOOOO RESIZE RESIZE RESIZE!!

/me strokes poor fried connection :(

7. Drachnem

Drachnem Minimodder

resizing

how do i resize the pictures for you guys ?
    thanks

8. Supercool

Supercool Gone.

uploadit.org is as slow as hell.

Ummm.... is it just me who thinks it looks... crap?

The pretzel mod was much better :p

9. Hwulex

Hwulex Minimodder

With some image software like paint shop pro, or XP's powertoys.

10. diskreet

diskreet What's a Dremel?

Dont come here if you are going to be an idiot.

It looks a million times better in person, and if he hasn't said it excuse the cd drive having no bezel atm.

11. Supercool

Supercool Gone.

Excuse me, Mr, but this is a public forum, people are entitled to voice their opinion.

Calling people an idiot for voicing their opinion isn't very mature, but hey, maybe I'll take your advice and not come here.

Bye bit-tech.

12. a9on87

a9on87 ...

Should be good once you have those drives bays sorted.

I like the side panel - nice alternative to a window.
    I think you should put pretzels on top of it like your other mod :dremel:

13. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Seriously, if you have nothing good to say dont open your mouth. Respect other peoples effort at least.

14. livelife46290

livelife46290 What's a Dremel?

Hey i think its awesome, thats what mine is starting to look like but more black and white, ill post it once its done in about 3 or so months, waiting for some funding

15. Drachnem

Drachnem Minimodder

Thanks alot guys , like i said before this is really my first attempt to paint a case so if you have any tips throw them up. Thx for stickin up for me as well.

16. diskreet

I know this is a public forum, but if you didn't notice people are nice here. I don't think anyone here has the right to tell someone their mod sucks, or looks like crap. If you would be as mature as the rest of us then you could have said something to the extent of "maybe you should try this when painting." If what I said to you was immature, im sorry. I admit I could have been nicer, but if you talk down to my friend like that, i dont stand for that attitude.

Im not trying to start with you, but i think he deserves respect. he tried something new, and you know what, it looks pretty good. My computer doesnt look half as good since i painted it, but even though it does, i'd still get upset if someone told me it looked like crap.

Anyway, about voicing your opinion, if you can't be nice, and you can handle someone disagreeing with your utter rude-ness, then try to act like a civilized human.

[EDIT] Oh yeah, i dont think he told you this, but we mounted the green power LED's, and the red HD Activity LEDs in the empty 3.5 bezel. Also when i can get a few bucks i might get him 3M rubbing compound as a lil x-mas gift, so the finish should roxor if i do. if not he'll get some sooner or later.[/EDIT]

Last edited: 9 Dec 2003
  17. fuzzball172

fuzzball172 What's a Dremel?

I have to agree with diskreet, If you don't like a mod, then say so tactfully... offer some constructive critisism, not just slag it off...

With that, Not sure I am that keen on this mod... Sorry guys, not to my taste... but it has been well executed and i'm sure that when the last few bits are sorted out, will look great. I think the pics might be letting you down a bit, too much glare from the flash, and the black is lost in the background. Try brightening the room and/or put something light coloured behind it the camera will take a better picture...

On the other hand... I thought the pretzel mod was inspired

18. Drachnem

Drachnem Minimodder

Thank you fuzzball172 for your ideas I'm actually going to use that info and put some new pics on here. Here is a few pics one is of the design i had , and one is what the case looked like the day before I painted it , and one of how i panited the side pannel , and it came out decent but the coners were kinda , well there was paint in the coner where it wasn't suposed to be and I put alot of tape (painters) around it to, maby you guys have a better idea , cuz i still have one side to paint...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

let me know what you think guys..
    thanks

19. kiljoi

kiljoi I *am* a computer king.

hey man, looks good to me. reminds me of the first case painting I did, although mine looked far, far worse then that ever could. uneven textures, crap stuck in the paint (I painted in a place that the desert wind had free roam of), but it was min, and I like it. That's really what matters anyway man, never let anyone rain on your parade if YOU are happy with the way things turned out. And there'll always be people here to support anything you do. Cheers, and good modding.

20. diskreet

Those dark pics are from a LAN party we just had this weekend.
    Oh yeah drach, nice air freshener :rock: