1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

E.U: Leave or Stay? Your thoughts.

Discussion in 'Serious' started by TheBlackSwordsMan, 22 Feb 2016.

1. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

I know right, for a long time it's been nationalisation is bad privatisation is good but when you look at all the privatisation in the UK you see how good it is for other countries who have nationalised various sectors.

spolsh likes this.
  2. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Anyone else noticed that now the Haunted Pencil's in charge of bringing back whale oil to solve the energy crisis, the vitally important Cabinet role of Minister for Brexit Opportunities has been left vacant?

Hmm.

3. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

Perhaps it's finally dawned on them that Brexit brings no opportunities? Or maybe not...

4. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

There were opportunities. Quite a few people made a lot of money with Brexit. Granted, they were all friends of the monkey brigade that brought it upon us in the first place. But for a select few people there were a lot of opportunities.

And it brought a perfect opportunity for people like Dyson to celebrate their Britishness and then bugger off to greener pastures immediately.

5. adidan

It looks like an increase in gang violence and shootings is helping push Sweden to the right.

This election is tight.

6. adidan

Telegraph has made for interesting reading

Some people just take time to catch up.

ElThomsono likes this.
  7. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

Yeah, only took them six years and front row seats for the biggest act of self harm this country has ever inflicted.

Whereas, most of us lesser humans, AKA non-fcukwits, knew before a vote was cast.

8. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

They're no longer getting funded by their Russian paymasters, but it doesn't matter, the objective has already been achieved.

Even when we do re-join the EU the damage will still have been done, plus our one off special deal is gone forever.

adidan likes this.
  9. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

It's *a* column by *a* Torygraph writer... the rest of the paper and website is mostly still the usual reality-divroced denial-laden bollocks.

It's like the Express, for ever article they put up pointing out the actual reality of things there's 27 of the '99% of our readers the public think immigrants should be fed to wolves' and 'Financial expert FirstName Bunconumbers from our comment section explains how wanting a working economy woke, and we all know how you hate anything we call woke' variety.

And let's not forget the classic of the genre - This Misleading Headline you're about to share on Facebook is contradicted by the article you're not going to read.

10. adidan

I didn't say anything about a headline, it's a link to a column article in the telegraph.

11. wolfticket

wolfticket Downwind from the bloodhounds

Jeremy Warner is assistant editor of The Daily Telegraph though, not just a columnist.

adidan likes this.
  12. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

My comment about the article contradicting the headline wasn't a direct reference to the article you shared, more a comment on the overall methods of the like of the Express.

He's still just one voice amongst the cacophony of bilge the Telegraph puts out. An attempt to roll the turd of their opinion pages in a thin glittery veneer of sensibility.

adidan likes this.
  13. adidan

Okey doke. I may be being a bit precious today.

I mean he may be a lone voice but I was still surprised to see it in the Telegraph of all places. No doubt it's sandwiched in pages of bile.

Then again my mum is a Mail reader but came around long ago to believing she was lied to and tricked.

Not that reminding her that she was warned at the time by her own son and his EU partner was particularly helpful or hit home :lol:

perplekks45 likes this.
  14. loftie

loftie Multimodder

Nexxo likes this.
  15. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

16. yuusou

yuusou Multimodder

Plenty of tomatoes in the local supermarkets around here.

17. adidan

Think it's a combination of factors although there's a distinct lack of mentioning Brexit.

Supermarkets have a big hand in it too. Farmers aren't too happy.

Mum has been saying for a couple of weeks she can't get tomatoes, we're just starting to see issues up north about now.

But yeah, it's not just weather to blame which is the current media/government line.

18. yuusou

yuusou Multimodder

When I say here I mean the Netherlands :)

19. adidan

Lol, sorry - didn't check your location :lol:

My OHs family in Finland are swimming in them too even under all the snow.

20. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Been to the supermarket a couple of times lately, and every time I see most of the fruit & veg aisles empty. Sainsburys have even started putting covers over them.