1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

mate you have no idea, the panic on the comms lastnight was unreal as all units raced to the scene, bobbies were literally diving in smashing ice as they went desperately looking for them, it was absolute carnage.

the mood in the nick this morning was beyond grim.

2. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

Can’t imagine what it must be like to have to deal with that, I couldn’t do it…

3. Arboreal

Arboreal Keeper of the Electric Currants

I run water activities at our local Sea Scouts and am asked to do water safety talks with the new kids aged 6 upwards every year.
    This should be done in all schools if it isn't already.
    I cannot imagine being there with the odds stacked against you in a completely deadly environment for all but the fully equipped.

If you hold back, you would regret it it forever; but if you go in, you could die too.

It's not like you'd have the right stuff to hand to help effectively & safely. Cold water is one thing, ice is another whole world of hurt. Time is against you in a way that is almost incomprehensible for water at near zero degrees.

Your guys are in my thoughts, it's a lot to get over.

Pete J likes this.
  4. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

That's horrific, I can't contemplate having to deal with that situation.

Look after yourselves up there.

Arboreal likes this.
  5. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

@Gunsmith Damned that's horrific mate.

Make sure you guys talk about it, especially the ones who are a bit too quiet.

It's going to hit hard.

6. mi1ez

mi1ez Modder

Not a perfect fridge environment here in Sydney! We managed to borrow a 45L bar fridge off a neighbour (only thing Facebook is useful these days is the local groups!) so at least we can keep milk and cheese for the timebeing. Will have to see what the next week brings!

7. mi1ez

mi1ez Modder

Jeez, skipped over @Gunsmith's post. Look after yourself and each other, PTSD can sneak up on you slowly after stuff like that.

8. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Ha, sorry mate, didn't check where you were.

Yeah, I wouldn't leave them outside then :happy: Glad you got some temporary fix.

9. ElThomsono

ElThomsono Multimodder

This is pretty much the house buying game. Imagine you're trying to sell a bicycle on Facebook marketplace except the buyers are expected to understand legal process. The first task alone is difficult enough with the general public.

10. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

The thing about this that hacks me off is the lack of communication. Here's what I sent to the estate agent.

11. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Heh, was just coming here to tell you to get tested - I have it too. But how can that be? The government says it's over...

Ah well, work's been awesome and I've been cleared to take the rest of the week off to avoid contaminating everyone else. I hope it's gone by the weekend.

@Gunsmith holy sh!t dude. Hope you're holding it together.

perplekks45 likes this.
  12. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

yeah we just deal with it and move on, other teams have now taken over the investigation so im onto other things. Putting in a few doors before xmas should cheer me up.

IanW, adidan, Weekly_Estimate and 4 others like this.
  13. Weekly_Estimate

Weekly_Estimate Random bird noises.

Being socially awkward sucks man.

14. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

Spent the morning so far trying to figure out why the water wasn't working, heating was fine, guessed it may have been a bit of frozen pipe somewhere so went around finding any pipes I could find and hairdryering away.

Working now which is good but yeah, don't remember having this issue last year, downsides to having a boiler in a garage in scotland I guess?

15. mi1ez

mi1ez Modder

After one pair of headphone died a couple of weeks back, the dog has decided this morning to destroy my other pair.

16. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

A **** end to a **** set, someone isnt going home tonight because some silly ****ing ignorant muppet twatbag acted without care because they missed the junction.

I had to drive past the ****ing scene on the way home as well.

Driving is a ****ing privilidge not a right god damnit!

17. lancer778544

lancer778544 Multimodder

A good driver will sometimes miss their exit. A bad driver will never miss their exit.

NickCPC, goldstar0011, Pete J and 5 others like this.
  18. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Jaysus f*** it is cold out there...

Also it was my work Christmas party last night and I feel somewhat delicate today.

19. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

Close call at the store today. Someone was about to purchase a world of wrestling DVD boxset, which escaped our usual scrutiny. Luckily, a staff member checked the discs before taking payment.

Disc 2 was entitled "shemale tranny hunters"

20. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

"First world problems" gripe.

I want to watch The Abyss and I can't.

I have the extended special edition on DVD... but I no longer own a DVD/BluRay player or drive. It isn't one of the films I'd already stored digitally. I can't re-download it from usenet because I cancelled my usenet accounts (so... I can do that, but I'd have to pay). It isn't available on any streaming service, it's not even on the Apple movies store. It is apparently on the Sky store, but I can't access that on my Apple TV.

So... there is no legal way for me to access a digital copy of this film.