1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Dunno about that, they were like it when they just had one. Then they had twins...

We'd already contacted social services about them although by the sounds of it during some shouting at their eldest they already have a social worker (everything's the kids fault in the mums eyes...).

We have thick 100 year old walls too...

But yeah, any visitors and it's all laughs and giggles and 'darling' to the kids.

Edit: I must point out we have a high threshold, never contacted social services or the police about neighbours before but it often sounds like it'll go too far and it could be one of those news stories where people say "but they were such a nice friendly couple, it's the last thing I'd expect..."

2. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

If you feel like social services aren't doing enough please send me the details and I'll see if there's anything I can do as my mum works for them.

adidan likes this.
  3. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Cheers dude, will be keeping an eye on the situation.

May have gone too far for the eldest (8 or 9 I guess?) who now effs and jeffs back as good as is sent her way. That's good in a way but also very not good.

Thanks for the offer though, will let you know if I need some extra backup :thumb:

4. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Incan trail holiday cancelled by the agent :sigh:

Ah well, the Peruvians have a bit more on their mind than my holiday at the moment...

5. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Discovered a big drawback to my shiny new FTTP with Brsk: you get a privately-routed IP on the WAN side, which means port forwarding doesn't work. At all.

It has an add-on, called "BetterIP," which provides a publicly-routed static IP. And it's free!

...for now. When it "officially launches," though, it'll incur a charge - which they reckon will be £7 a month. Absolute swizz.

The really annoying thing is that I don't need a static IP - I've got DDNS set up. My public IP could change every five minutes for all I care. Boo-urns.

IanW likes this.
  6. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

I'm about to drive home from work, to pay a roofer a cr*pton of moneys.

7. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

Extremely first world problem: I can't decide which new GPU to buy.

• A 6950 XT for my wife
    • A 7900 XT for myself and then give my 6950 XT to my wife
    • A 7900 XTX for myself and then give my 6950 XT to my wife
    She's on a 2070S right now.

8. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

We all know the correct answer to this

9. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Oof. Planned or unplanned?

10. perplekks45

Yeah, I guess we do. But it's 1200 Euros.

11. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Planned. Needed a hole patching after the soil stack was replaced.

12. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

Goodlord, I don’t know why they’re popular as a reference service because jeez they suck…I mean super super bad. Would not recommend 2/10 at a push if I was bladdered.

it’s taken 3 whole days to convince them sending a random email with a random link relating to a random reference to a inbox will likely result in the firewall drop kicking that into 2024…

Thankfully it’s now reached said mail box after convincing to remove the links, the last of the checks required on the new place. However, this is considered “Day 3” and without reference they’d “close” on the basis of open bank checks… is this bad or good!? Who knows…

So now I have to convince HR tomorrow that it needs to be done pronto else I run the risk of losing this place…. Roll on Thursday

13. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Unrepentant Savage

I know where my glasses are. I cannot ever get where they are. My glasses are now gone.

These were a very nice pair, too, because of all my eye problems. Gonna try to skate in sideways to my doctor if I can find out who I saw last at the specialty clinic.

14. mi1ez

mi1ez Modder

After the previous buyers ghosted us, our new buyers are starting to panic about the building and pest report and want a load of tradies in before the cooling-off period is up. We just had a baby and all we want to do is sell and move closer to friends! We're not out to make a buck, and the house is in a better state than when we bought it, despite all the reports looking worse!

15. Weekly_Estimate

Weekly_Estimate Random bird noises.

I've gone down the rabbit hole of which new gpu to buy for my build and I was dead set on a 7900 XTX until I heard about the driver issues which makes things in the game I primary play unplayable, rubbish support for older cards. People who bring up valid points and asking for any assistance being bombed on Reddit that's without all the over heating issues.

The resolution is to completely miss a massive part of the game, or to downgrade your drivers, which because the 7900 XTX is a completely new code base, you can't downgrade the drivers lol.

Think I'm pretty much decided on a 4090 now instead, it's a shame because I'd really of liked to support AMD but it's not worth what comes with it. I'm not saying Nvidia aren't without issues either, but it seems like AMD issues are nuclear.

Last edited: 26 Jan 2023
  16. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Gout.

Again.

I'm taking allopurinol to reduce overall uric acid levels, but I still do get flareups. This one's really nasty, started getting painful on Monday and it's still just as bad now. Took me nearly 5 minutes to put on one motorbike boot this morning because it was so bad. Can't keep taking ibuprofen forever, it's starting to play havoc with my insides.

17. perplekks45

I agree that AMD has issues, big ones sometimes. But I find Nvidia's behaviour and pricing so disgusting in recent years that I entirely boycott their line-up.

And if I spend that much money, I want to at least not hate myself for it.

Weekly_Estimate likes this.
  18. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

They're as bad as each other IMO. Nvidia may have been leading the charge with absurd pricing, but AMD didn't have to follow suit.

19. GeordieStew

GeordieStew Minimodder

It's brutal. My last attack was in 2011. I was very overweight. The last attack was the final straw.

I cut out red meat and wine for a few months. Lost a few stone. Then realised I could lose weight. I'm about 9 stone below my top weight now.

I know it probably won't work for everyone.

I'll now have an attack tomorrow.

mi1ez, Vault-Tec, Byron C and 3 others like this.
  20. perplekks45

I agree. If it was just about pricing, I'd be more in the green camp. But there are other things Nvidia did that pissed me off so much I can't stomach buying one of their cards at the moment.