A/V Which soundbar or wireless 5.1 system

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by dead beat, 25 Mar 2023.

1. dead beat

dead beat Rippin six 4 life

Hi all,

I've just taken delivery of one of the new LG 77" OLED TV's, but feel as though it could really benefit from splashing out on some speakers for the room. I've had large OLED TV's before, but have never upgraded the sound so would be keen to hear what other members are using in their media rooms.

I mention wireless for 5.1 (possibly 7.1) as I don't want the hassle of cables, nor do I want to be hacking the walls to bits to route them.

Thanks

2. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Problem is they still need cables for power. Which is a bit easier....

3. Sentinel-R1

Sentinel-R1 Chaircrew

Richer Sounds always have offers on. You quite probably could have bought the TV you have just taken delivery of, with a half price soundbar. That's a regular deal RS do with most premium brands.

4. dead beat

dead beat Rippin six 4 life

Powering them is fine, I just don't want cables running round the room to AV receivers/amps etc. My unit is already housing my Naim Ndac, Teddy Pardo XPS PSU, and Sonneteer Orton amp alongside a CD transport. Not to mention the ProAc D20R floorstanders.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks, but I already used the offer on something else.

5. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

Sonos Arc, Mini-Sub and two Ikea speakers for the rear surrounds, 'job is a good one'. I have similar, but I have the Beam rather than the Arc. It works very well. I've run a couple of very thin bits of trunking up to the rear speakers so it looks nice and tidy. Or just the Arc as that will offer more of a soundstage than inbuilt. Or, in all honesty, just the Beam. The system is incredibly easy to set up and add to, and if you have a fruity phone, using the Sonos app you can wave it about for a few minutes it'll calibrate the speakers.

Bloody_Pete likes this.
  6. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

I love my Sonos Arc, I don't have the sub or surrounds, and its still fantastic, and its great you can add them later if wanted! 100% recomend.