Windows right click menu's and sub menus all appear on a different screen

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by Springs, 8 Jul 2023.

1. Springs

Springs Boing boing

Hi all,

Got a stange issue that i've had for a while with my windows laptop.

when i right click / open sub menu's etc eith in a web browser or applications the "contex" menu appears on the screen to the side.

I've attached a screen shot of one instance and what i see. in this picture, I right clicked on a port on my switch interface and the right click menu pops up on the other screen.

If i click and open up my favorites bar menu within chrome that also appears on the other screen

My laptop is connected up to a USB-c Dock which outputs to 3 monitors, 2 are external monitors and 1 is the laptop monitor. I've attached a screenshot of my layout

I've looked around online and found nothing that really matches my issue.

One thing i did try is within the display layout window, i moved the laptop monitor further to the right away from my other monitors and eventually the menus would appear back on the correct screen. as nice as it would be to leave it like this, it means that i can't easily use that screen anymore.

Has anyone seen this sort of issue before?

Attached Files:

2. Springs

Springs Boing boing

so this sounds stupid.. although i had kept up with my nvidia graphics drivers i was overdue a update..

Ran through the update and it's blinking fixed the issue. at least for now..

3. Springs

Springs Boing boing

hmm ok.. that was short lived. next day and a freshly started laptop and it's gone back to the same as before.