1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphics ASROCK B550m itx/ac + XFX Merc 319 Speedster 6950XT

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by teacherboy, 11 Aug 2023.

1. teacherboy

teacherboy Part Carbon/Nylon/Bovine

Guys I have an issue with my ASROCK B550m ITX/AC motherboard and a newly purchased yesterday from scan and installed today after delivery XFX Merc 319 Speedster 6950XT

PSU is an EVGA 850W P2 so plenty of reliable oomph, Usual mish-mash of NVME/SATA SSD and SATA HDD as its purpose is a media/gaming machine

Problem is no matter what ive tried the dGPU has no display output - so far i have:

1. Removed and reseated the card as many times as i was comfortable with

2. Checked the PCIe Slot for damage but before today nothing had ever been installed in it - always iGPU and motherboard output

3.Checked the PCIe pins on the card for damaged traces

4. Been through every BIOS setting it will let me access inc going back to stock settings or Changing from PCIe x16 to PCIe x8

5. Changing PCIe power cables - it is getting power and lights up like a christmas tree

6. Disabling the iGPU on the ryzen 5600g that is in the board

7. Running Display driver uninstaller in safe mode and reinstalling AMD adrenaline

8. Putting it in my Nvidia Machine upstairs and it did same - no output

9. Device manager is not detecting the card either

iGPU on 5600g still works fine and displays as normal via HDMI to my 4k lounge TV (which is the reason for it - 4k gaming with daughter/friends at not potato speeds or resolutions

Further things i could try - pull my 3060ti from upstairs and verify the PCIe slot works/same with an ancient EVGA 970GTX i have or pull my daughters 1660 super from her rig (affer running DDU again of course on the B550m ITX machine

Any further advice beyond that i've tried/suggested or should i just raise a ticket with scan and RMA it as DOA and get a replacement sent out??

Edit

It's Alllllliiiiiiiiiiiiive and now running various unigine benchmarks! All i did was swap to some different VGA sockets on the PSU and it came to life - that and grabbing old faithful GTX970 from upstairs and placing it nearby in a threatening manner!

180fps in heaven benchmark @4k aint half bad and means a reliable and consistent 60fps in any game we choose to play i would reckon

Last edited: 11 Aug 2023
    adidan and Arboreal like this.
  2. sandys

sandys Multimodder

Tends to be an option to set preferred display of PCie card or iGPU on boot, if you've been running it on auto its probably set itself up for iGPU first.

If you plugged in hdmi on mobo and gPU you'd probably fine when it was lit up like a christmas tree it would have been on iGPU, normally resets after a reboot.

The option will be nested down in the amd pbs/cbs menus.

3. teacherboy

teacherboy Part Carbon/Nylon/Bovine

I'd tried that already so was very befuddled as to why it wasn't working at the time

Worked just fine this morning and my 12y/o daughter was v.happy to not have potato resolution and fps