1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows wifi cam to webcam?

Discussion in 'Software' started by DeanSUNIAIU, 11 Sep 2023.

1. DeanSUNIAIU

DeanSUNIAIU Modder

So I have a couple of Wifi enabled action cams, a SJCam4000, and the SJCam10 X Pro. Previously I've just plugged the SJ4000 into the PC and it's been detected as a webcam and away you go. Thought great, should be able to do that with the newer model, alas you can't. But there is software you can use that'll wifi link the camera to the PC and then you can use it as a webcam.

Only, it's £15 and I'm a tight fisted git and I don't want to pay. Are there any free alternatives/workarounds that any of you may know of? I really don't want to have to write the software myself, because I'm lazy.

I also seem to remember there was some software you could download to your iPhone and connect it to the PC and it'll use the camera on the phone as a webcam, but I cannot for the life of me remember the name of such app. So, if anyone knows the name of that, please do let me know.

Thanks in advance.

2. play_boy_2000

play_boy_2000 ^It was funny when I was 12

I used droidcam on an old Galaxy s5 during the first few months of covid. It worked pretty decent, but would occasionally be a bit flaky (not sure if it was the ancient s5 or the software). There is a free version, but at the time, I just paid the $7 to get HD and USB support, as it was a fraction of what webcams were going for at the time (assuming you could even find one).