Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Like adverts on the TV I’ve never bought anything because of I have also never watched a movie because of a “trail advert” either. When I go to the cinema (and it’s rare, once every 5 years) I go to watch the movie I went to see and sod all more.

Though I admit cartoons before movies when I was a kid was always a huge bonus and we’d purposely turn up early to watch Roadrunner before the film.

perplekks45 likes this.
  2. ElThomsono

ElThomsono Multimodder

Nowhere near I'm afraid. It would be alright if the film started at the time on the ticket and you could turn up early and catch the trailers if you wanted to, I don't want to play a guessing game and risk missing the start of the film. I really ought to put in a complaint to whoever made the film itself for adding their own shitty Dora the Explorer short before the feature.

3. veato

veato I should be working

I was always amused by the PIRACY IS A CRIME ad at the beginning of every film I legally purchased on tape or disc. Yeah, I know. I bought the fecking movie! Ironically you don't get the ad if you actually pirate the film.

Fully agree about cinema ads too. It's bad enough for an adult but getting a kid to sit though an 80+ minute movie after already watching over half an hour of ads is taking the urine.

IanW likes this.
  4. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

5. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

What's the problem? Look at all that bonus content you get...

perplekks45 likes this.
  6. DeanSUNIAIU

DeanSUNIAIU Modder

“You wouldn’t download a car..” I ucking would if I could.

7. mi1ez

mi1ez Modder

We're all thinking it...

adidan and perplekks45 like this.
  8. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

Do you not want to leave?

9. Flibblebot

Flibblebot Smile with me

Thanks - but nope, nothing lined up yet. I just had to get out. They're paying me in lieu of notice, so I've got a month to find a new job...
    Not really, but I suffer from severe anxiety and my job was exacerbating it. My colleagues and line manager were awesome, senior management were ... not so awesome ;)

10. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

In a similar vein on the way to her first day at her new job yesterday morning my wife turned to me and said she couldn't do it, new job was just down the road from her previous and in a similar field, and after the terrible way she was treated at her previous job I think it was just too much so will be an interesting period of time before she gets another and we just have my salary!

11. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Ironically my other half had the opposite experience at a new job. The company she was working for were pretty crappy, so she found something else that paid more and had a similar commute. She didn’t last two weeks at the new job before realising that she hated the job, her manager, and the silent, sterile atmosphere of the new office. Throughout the entire day there’d barely be two words exchanged between any two given people.

Before the second week was done she’d already arranged to go back to her old job. It was a **** job at a **** company, but at least the people weren’t silent cardboard cutouts that would barely even look at you.

12. The_Crapman

Why is it, whenever I order a bit of shopping on Uber eats, they never ****ing get the one thing I genuinely ****ing needed. 2kg bag of gocat, no we've not got that one so we've refunded you. You seriously saying of the 9 variants of gocat biscuits in the 3 sizes and flavours, you have ****ing nothing!? No ****ing whiskers!? Not even the shitty Sainsbury's cat biscuits that are so bit they barely fit in a cat's mouth? **** off you ****ing retards. Can everyone just stop being so ****ing retarded!!? Seriously where the **** has common sense gone. ****s sake

13. goldstar0011

goldstar0011 Multimodder

Boss ordered mac and cheese ready meal in his shopping, got a fish pie, well, I got a fish pie :grin:
    Surely you'd swap mac and cheese for something else cheesy or spaghetti based.

14. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

You two don't work in requirements engineering, do you? Common sense is the new rare earth metals.

15. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

The one that gets me with doing the online shopping thing is that we invariably get 4 x 2l bottles of whatever in a single bag ON TOP of something soft like bread. Every single time a little over 8kg of drink now forming bread or a box of cereal bars into something that looks like neither.

16. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Wow, takes some balls quitting when you don't have another job lined up! Fair play!

I've worked at two jobs in the past that drove me to that point, but I could never quite muster up the courage to say "b*ll*cks to the lot of you". Fortunately, both times, a job offer appeared at the 11th hour to save me.

Arboreal likes this.
  17. The_Crapman

Wait! I forgotten they were meant to be 7+ for older kittens. 18 different SKU and not a sausage.

In case I was hiding it well, today has not been a good day. Work can go to hell, body can go jump off a cliff, please can't I just hibernate for 6 months.

18. DeanSUNIAIU

DeanSUNIAIU Modder

I often feel like a cat in that I can end up in a terrible point in my life, but just as I feel I'm falling, I land on my feet.

perplekks45, Pete J and ElThomsono like this.
  19. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Ah, land on your feet. Good.

Was worried for a second you were going to say licking your own ass

spolsh, Byron C and perplekks45 like this.
  20. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

you mean the 5kg bag of rice is not meant to go on top of the tray of eggs?

Tbh i don;t bother with online shopping as between minimum orders, delivery and packer ineptitude as described above... 'bundle it into a taxi' works out more cost effective.