1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Pretty sure the laptop battery is fluffed - it seems very confused about the distance between 50% and 100% while charging, and between 50% and 0% when discharging. Boo-urns.

battery.png

2. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

Is the battery at least replaceable* ?

*preferably without the aid of a degree in quantum electrodynamics and a suite of bespoke tooling.

3. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

It is, with nothing but screws. Though, naturally, Dell doesn't sell 'em any more, so I'll be at the mercy of the third-party market.

4. DeanSUNIAIU

DeanSUNIAIU Modder

I would if I could.

perplekks45, mi1ez and Pete J like this.
  5. lancer778544

lancer778544 Multimodder

I can get genuine Dell parts from Dell via my work if you'd like me to enquire? I'd just need the model and service tag

6. Gareth Halfacree

Ta, but I've found it now - turns out that while it shows in Ubuntu as a TP1GT61, it's actually called a TP1GT and Dell's search thing ain't smart enough to know that. 113 bleedin' quid, though. Even a third-party one is £78. Might just keep the mains adapter to hand until it's time to upgrade the whole laptop, to be honest...

7. lancer778544

lancer778544 Multimodder

No probs but feel free to drop me a PM with the details if you decide to order one, I might be able to get it cheaper for you :)

yuusou, perplekks45, Arboreal and 2 others like this.
  8. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

It's 4am. I'm awake, and have been since 7am. Not even close to sleepy. And I have to be at work by 8am.
    Can't really call in sick, as I've just had 19 days holiday.

9. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

You're an engineer. Insomnia is a natural part of life!

Just think about how well you're going to sleep when you get back home.

10. mi1ez

mi1ez Modder

Annoys me that the bakery dept is the first in the supermarkets here in Aus

Almightyrastus likes this.
  11. mi1ez

mi1ez Modder

Twice already this week the little one (15mo) has decided that 11pm is the time to get up and refuse to go back to bed.

12. ModSquid

ModSquid Multimodder

We have one of these but much older, currently at the stage where obstinacy and willful disobedience resulted in a prolonged shouting match last week at 0230 (which I think I lost, but I made sure the victory conditions were set to "scorched earth") followed by 2h sleep before going into work very, very late indeed...
    ...made worse by the fact above row was interrupting the selfish personal consumption of one pack of coconut and one pack of double-dipped Tim Tams, freshly hand-delivered from the colonies.
    Definitely a job for the missus (or other willing volunteer if it's party season).

13. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

So that's where Apple and Intel got their inspiration from for their performance charts for new products. Graphs without any meaningful scaling on either axis. No units, either. They (Apple & Intel) just developed it further to also show a second line for "another product", again without any context or scale or units.

Can't wait to be frustrated again on December 14, meteor lake launch presentation time!

14. Spanky

Spanky Multimodder

£200 a month rent increase.

15. yuusou

yuusou Multimodder

Kitchen sink tap broke (or came loose inside) yesterday evening. Whoever installed the stupid kitchen didn't put a tap/valve on the water so I had to shut it off at the mains before taking the tap apart. Whole evening down the drain. HAH!

So I took revenge and decided to play some Switch, starting at midnight. Just 10 minutes. "Battery low." Oops.

ElThomsono likes this.
  16. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

The new ADHD medication I’m on (methylphenidate) is playing absolute havoc with my guts. That along with all the side effects I am definitely getting from it: stinking headaches, joint ache/pain, increased anxiety and “jittery-ness”, increased blood pressure…

I’ll run out before my follow up session on Tuesday, and I am not bothered about that in the slightest. I’ve given it a fair chance and after ~3 weeks it’s pretty clear it ain’t working for me. Lisdexamfetamine mesilate (Elvanse) was definitely more effective, but you can’t get that stuff for love nor money at the moment.

17. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

Silence might be golden, but duct tape is silver.... :thumb:

18. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

my phone has decided it no longer wants to charge

19. ElThomsono

ElThomsono Multimodder

Can you sidestep it with a wireless charger?

20. mi1ez

mi1ez Modder

Toothpick the lint out the port?

Goatee likes this.