1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What currently makes your life awesome?

Discussion in 'General' started by Brooxy, 28 Oct 2009.

1. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Having this in the office.

dk.jpg

It was a lot more difficult to sneak a quick go when it was in the living room at the old place!

yodasarmpit, IanW, Arboreal and 4 others like this.
  2. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Had a play with one of those earlier in the year, they're great cabs.

Gareth Halfacree likes this.
  3. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

It's the little things: pre-ordered a book from Blackwells back in April, and it's just landed - alongside this:

banned.jpg

Turns out Blackwells has designed a Top Trumps-style trading card game based on the topic of banned literature. Don't think even I order enough books to mean I'll end up with a full set, tho'!

IanW, perplekks45 and Byron C like this.
  4. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

26/04/2022
    [​IMG]
    27/10/2023
    [​IMG]

Arboreal, perplekks45, IanW and 6 others like this.
  5. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

I promise to stop speaking about auctions & eBay...but not today.

Of the 238 C64 games I collected on Monday, I've sold 15 to date and already broke even on the money paid. I'm probably 60% through listing them at the moment. It's a very slow painful process but we're getting there.

Today I collected a big old box of Transformers on a little bit of a whim. I did pay up on them again. Turns out they're Takara G1 Transformers so all worth a reasonable amount. I'd say in total I have 60 or so figures ranging from tiny to large. Even the smallest of the lot can go for £15-£20.

Added bonus was the ice cream tub in the bottom of the box containing all the little accessories that tend to get lost likely increasing the value...

woot.

6. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

If you’re going through a pile of retro games/kit right now then please don’t feel ashamed to leave a link to your eBay store, via PM if you have to :grin:

Arboreal and DeadP1xels like this.
  7. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

Been a hell of a long time since I've been genuinly excited for a game and its not helping when each new snippet released just makes it better and better.

this is going to be ****ing glorious.

8. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

And again from nowhere another update. This time they've added some of the Titanfall 1 maps to Frontier Defence, but they seem to have made them extra, extra hard to boot. Double result!

9. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

Comparing interest rates (albeit pitiful) on savings accounts, and not debt consolidation loans.

10. Gareth Halfacree

11. TheBlackSwordsMan

TheBlackSwordsMan Over the Hills and Far Away

We handed about 75 bags of treats for Halloween and everyone liked my Jack O Lanterns :D

12. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

Productive night,15 in for unwarrented demands with menaces. not sure why they're all dressed as spiderman tho :worried:

13. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

The cells must be like
    [​IMG]

14. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

I just discovered that the Manic street preachers are playing at a corporate do I’m attending next week… I’m was a superfan through my teen years but I don’t think I’ve ever been to see them live. First time ever I think I’m actually actively looking forward the musical guest.

Sadly I expect there are too many naughty words in their holy bible era stuff to get a pass :/

goldstar0011 and yodasarmpit like this.
  15. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

Just arrived back home with my wife.

See the other thread for why that's awesome.

16. Weekly_Estimate

Weekly_Estimate Random bird noises.

Dentist did an xray for implants so eventually it’ll be nice to have a mouth full of teeth again! Then he’s looking through the scans and goes, your right nose is blocked? How long has that been blocked for? Told him I had surgery then he showed me all the fluid build up, let me take photos and suggested showing it to the hospital at my next appointment saying the camera they put down the nose has its limits.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Almightyrastus likes this.
  17. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

I really enjoyed this, so much so that I'm going to pay way over the odds for a sold-out show in Leeds next summer to see them again.

The upside and downside of the gig like this are one and the same:
    + Most of the people are there because its the main event and the open bar, so no clamouring to the front
    - Most of the people are there because its the main event and the open bar, so atmosphere is a bit meh

IanW likes this.
  18. goldstar0011

goldstar0011 Multimodder

Off to Barcelona for a work event for a week next week, was going to put this in the meh thread as I'm all anxious as there will be work sessions and meeting people and I've never travelled abroad for work before and there will be some drinking sessions that my boss says can get carried away but f**k it, I can do this and will enjoy it!

IanW likes this.
  19. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Started on new ADHD meds today.

Elvanse is basically.... not available anywhere - it's literally a global shortage of Elvanse & Vyvanse - so I've been on methyphenidate for the last month or so. Did absolutely nothing for me except give me the s**ts and make me really anxious.

I started on Amfexa this morning and I can immediately tell the difference. The meds don't "cure" ADHD, but they make things easier. It's easier to concentrate on one single thing, it's easier to motivate yourself to do the really awful crap you've been putting off, it's easier to motivate yourself to do anything, normal daily life doesn't feel absolutely exhausting, it's easier and less disruptive to context switch or get interrupted...

it's nice to get back to feeling "normal" again.

Last edited: 13 Nov 2023
    adidan, b1g-d0g, LennyRhys and 7 others like this.
  20. ElThomsono

ElThomsono Multimodder

[​IMG]

Shifted and stacked 4.8m³ of logs today, should see us through most of winter. I actually took a bath afterwards, probably been a year since I last had one.

adidan, Pete J, LennyRhys and 4 others like this.