1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. DeanSUNIAIU

DeanSUNIAIU Modder

Time to apply but don’t take out loads of credit cards and loans in your ex’s name. Kill their credit score.

2. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

What’s the point of being vindictive?

3. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Never mind vindictive, that's literal fraud. Lovely way to celebrate a divorce, that: a short stay Pleasuring His Majesty.

4. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

[​IMG]

A mental picture I didn’t need today.

Vault-Tec, David, perplekks45 and 4 others like this.
  5. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Don't waste time, just move one.

IanW, Pete J and Mr_Mistoffelees like this.
  6. MadGinga

MadGinga oooh whats this do?

Thanks for the advice/likes/acknolwdgement/banter/stories/support all :)

Things have taken a turn for the better. Mainly as the stress damn of work has broken - i was in a meeting and it was getting overly complicated rabbit hole so jokingly said "i quit", then had the realisation that maybe i was serious, so will now be looking for now roles/jobs; but its given me some head space to deal with home life better! That and the wife decided we need to take the kids to see a house that has christmas lights set to music locally - we were the only ones there listening to christmas songs in the dark - the absurdity of it made me crack a smile for the first time in a while. follwed that up with an evening of baordgames, pizza and port with friends, feeling hopeful i/we can get past this dark spot.

oh, and as its stuck in my head...

7. d_stilgar

d_stilgar Old School Modder

I have no interest in being vindictive. We have two children together, something that kept us together far longer than we should have been. I still need to interact with this person for many many years to come.

My style has always been to take the high road and I'm continuing to do that. I'd rather be generous and kind and try to help people even when they're at their worst than become a nasty, venomous person myself.

I'm going to feel so much relief when the divorce is finalized. It won't be the end of my interactions with her, but it will be a new beginning for me in terms of what my life can be moving forward.

8. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

Who hurt you? You have some pretty ****ed-up ideas.

9. goldstar0011

goldstar0011 Multimodder

My first ex wiped me out whilst I was recovering from major surgery that put me in a wheelchair, she should have been supporting me, but she was cheating on me and stole everything, things from my childhood.
    My 2nd ex tried to force me out of a house I renovated with my own hands and money, I had all the receipts and spreadsheets over the years just because I bought in to the house when she was living first, but she had amassed huge debt I helped pay off.

People push us to dark places, so I can see why one would want to go to these ideas, not justifying it but it's ok to put it out there right :eyebrow:
    Gladly I'm in a great place with a great woman now

Good luck @d_stilgar when it goes through it feels so great

d_stilgar, Pete J and yuusou like this.
  10. DeanSUNIAIU

DeanSUNIAIU Modder

Thank you.

goldstar0011 likes this.
  11. d_stilgar

Thanks. There's so much to do and it's somehow all landed on me (Parenting plan, divorce settlement proposal, etc.). I push when I have the energy to and let myself rest when I don't. I'm pretty sure it'll happen this year, but who knows what the final outcome will look like. I keep waiting for my ex to drop some bomb like wanting 100% custody or something and then fighting it in court.

12. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Ordered a bed & mattress from Emma on 26th Nov - their fancy “Deluxe Hotel” set, so not a cheapo

Get an email on 6th Dec telling me it’s been shipped and the courier will be in touch - cool, there’s a slim chance it’ll get here before Christmas/NY

Get an email on 17th Dec telling me it’s been delivered. Well that’s… news to me…

Order tracking page has not updated. Courier tracking page has not updated.

Decided to leave it a little while - they’re probably busy and it was probably a glitch, what with it being Christmas and all.

Order tracking page does not update. Courier tracking page does not update.

Call them on 28th Dec to ask WTF they’re playing at. Dude can’t figure out what’s going on, says he’ll send a replacement order. I ask for email confirmation. I do not get email confirmation… but I do get an email telling me it’s being looked into ASAP.

Radio silence. Order tracking page does not update. Courier tracking page does not update.

Sent a “Mr Angry from Cardiff wants to know WTF you’re playing at” email yesterday, giving them until 22nd January (8 weeks since the initial order date) to get back to me with:
    • an update on the order
    • outline of next steps
    • clear indication of timescales
    Politely pointing out that should they fail to do this by the given date, I will be seeking a refund and I will take them to small claims court if needed.

Get an email this morning advising my order - with a slightly different order number, but the same items - has shipped.

Not really what I asked for, but… we’ll see… I guess…? Still gonna give them all the sh** in the world if I don’t at least have a delivery date by 22nd Jan. I’m more than happy to give companies leeway when it comes to furniture, especially over Christmas. But it’s an instant rage switch when I’m left totally in the dark for weeks with no way to find out what the hell is going on.

13. DeanSUNIAIU

DeanSUNIAIU Modder

Stripping a whole house of wallpaper. Every single wall, every single room. Tomorrows task, patching holes, sanding and making good for paint.

IanW and ElThomsono like this.
  14. ElThomsono

ElThomsono Multimodder

Geez! :eeek:

[​IMG]

We're doing just the hallway at the moment and that's bad enough. There must be something nice about the efficiency of doing it all at once, but the monotony, marone!

15. goldstar0011

goldstar0011 Multimodder

Doggo is wondering why you've stopped working

Pete J, ElThomsono and IanW like this.
  16. d_stilgar

I did this when I first bought my house. Every floor had carpet (covering wood floors that needed to be refinished. Every wall *and* ceiling were covered in wallpaper that was incredibly stubborn. It took nearly six weeks to get all the wallpaper down, wash off any remaining glue, patch, paint, and refinish the floors. Good luck!

17. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

Dog is wondering why you aren't feeding it.

ElThomsono likes this.
  18. SuperHans123

SuperHans123 Multimodder

******* sore throat hanging on. Wish it would just **** off

IanW and adidan like this.
  19. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

My nose has been evacuating for days, I feel your frustration.

Absolutely battered.

SuperHans123 likes this.
  20. DeanSUNIAIU

DeanSUNIAIU Modder

I’ve done it in three days. Carpet fitters and oak flooring going down on Tuesday.

Oh, I have to paint every wall by then too. That’s another story

d_stilgar and Pete J like this.