Photos Latest Purchases Thread: v2.0

Discussion in 'General' started by RTT, 29 Oct 2007.

1. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

Four new EE mobile contracts.

Plusnet mobile is winding down and, as it's already using the EE network, they're offering deals to switch over.

Paying £30 and getting 140GB data share, so that's a 25% price reduction for about three times the data.

Chicken dinner.

Byron C likes this.
  2. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

You get a free chicken dinner too @David ?

Sign me up.

3. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

I was with EE for a long time. Stuck with them ever since they were T-Mobile, and the merger with Orange was nary a twinkle in an overpaid exec’s wallet. I did dally with other networks once or twice, but I always went back.

Their concept of “loyalty” is basically non-existent. “Offers” at renewal were terrible compared to the competition.

I stuck with them for so long because I always had mid-range or budget phones, and their pricing in that segment was OK. But when I wanted a high-end flagship, they couldn’t even come close to the competition. So… f’em, I went off to Virgin.

Even now that I want to switch to a different SIM-only plan (my phone and airtime contracts are separate), I have to sign up for 2 years if I want anything that even resembles a good price from EE. £20 per month for a 1-month SIM only plan capped at 5GB and 10Mbps?! Get the **** out of here you greedy shits!

EDIT: Ok, so it seems like all of them are **** for 1-month SIM-only 5G offers…!

Last edited: 14 Feb 2024
  4. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

Smarty is alright. I was with EE for quite a while, then they gradually kept bumping the price up. When I contacted them to cancel they were adamant I was going to an inferior network. I've never seen as fast a turn of speed on my phone with a Smarty sim - sat waiting for wifey in the middle of West Bromwich and it was pushing north of 800mbps. For unlimited everything, it's £16/month for me at the moment.

Byron C likes this.
  5. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Come to GiffGaff, where that £20 will get you 100GB at 5G speeds.
    My referral code - https://www.giffgaff.com/orders/affiliate/jaryiel

Byron C likes this.
  6. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Smarty’s prices are good… but sadly their coverage isn’t. They use the Three network which, last time I tried, is pretty poo around here.

O2 is similarly cack, so that rules out another chunk of MVNOs.

Might be time to give Three a crack again, it has been a few years now, so things may have improved. Preferably I’d like something that supports eSIMs though (they’re so much less faff when it comes to swapping networks, moving numbers, etc) and sadly Smarty doesn’t seem to…

Can’t, sadly - they use the O2 network, which is no-go around here!

I tried O2 (and GiffGaff) last year, not long after getting this phone. I’d get a perfect 5G signal that would just… stop… whenever I went into a building. Still reading max signal strength, but absolutely zero data transfer. Step back outside and boom: data works perfectly again.

7. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

I'm paying £18 for 140GB with Vodafone, as a data point.

EDIT:
    160GB, actually, I just checked.

Last edited: 15 Feb 2024
    Byron C likes this.
  8. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

Yeah, I am with Vodafone and I am paying £19.73 (was originally £17, but thanks to a big fat RPI + 3.9% increase it went up last April) for 200GB. I also pay £10 for 40GB for one of my offspring, again with Vodafone.

9. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

After ten years my clippers are finally totally blunt. To the point where I had so many tufts I had to crack out a razer.

[​IMG]

No more wires, meaning I can cut it in the bathroom instead of the kitchen floor ffs.

adidan likes this.
  10. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

I've got a rechargeable one but I need to upgrade, it's a bit crappy.

11. Vault-Tec

Got cordless ones at ma's. Much easier tbh.

12. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

Back garden, rain or shine, no mess to clear up after.

13. ElThomsono

ElThomsono Multimodder

[​IMG]

I took the day off yesterday and spent six hours driving to pick up a bargain of a cast iron radiator. Today I got all the old fittings out (a century of rust is no match for a metre long breaker bar and the 32" Stillsons). All I need to do now is to give it a lick of paint and plumb it in.

IanW, goldstar0011 and Vault-Tec like this.
  14. Vault-Tec

Ain’t got one.

tbh the amount that comes off now I just lob it down the toilet and flush it lol.

15. Vault-Tec

Ahh memories of sitting on them at school and being told I’d get chilblains in my ass.

16. stephen0205

stephen0205 MrSteve

Just a few things

Honor V2 (cracking deal three have with £500 trade in off any old phone)
    100w Gan charger (since phones dont seem to come with these no more)
    Hp 1030 g2 x360 laptop (freebie from work with some damage to fix before use)
    New syndicate hoodie, cause why no
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

ElThomsono likes this.
  17. ElThomsono

ElThomsono Multimodder

I've got a pair of 180kg ones in the living room, I love sitting on them, toasty toasty.

Vault-Tec likes this.
  18. Goatee

Goatee Multimodder

Assume you presure tested it? I understood when looking at these previously they could leak from the individual pieces as they uses gaskets (or at least some of them did).

19. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

Have you taken it outside and run water through it? If it's that old I guaranteed it's full of shite that'll end up in your heating if you don't flush it through first.

20. ElThomsono

ElThomsono Multimodder

I'm not an expert, but a lot of the new ones use EPDM rubber which is great at first but doesn't have the staying power of traditional graphite. The downside is graphite gaskets hate being overly compressed so if some idiot picks it up on its side it bows like an accordion and cracks all the gaskets. I've considered pressure testing it but I'd have to get some fittings to allow it, and it's only two bar, maybe two and a half so I might just gamble yet?

Hmm, I considered that too, it needs painting so I was thinking blast it through then all over with the pressure washer? What I hadn't considered was your point of it contaminating the system so I think yes, that's wise advice. From my "sticking my finger in" investigation it's not bad at all, but better safe than sorry?