1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other VOIP Phone / Service

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by modd1uk, 18 Mar 2024.

1. modd1uk

modd1uk Multimodder

Afternoon folks, I'm after some advice please.

I've got a unit which I've had Vodafone FFTP installed, 500mb jobbo plenty. It comes with a digital voice phone number which without an absolute nightmare can apparently only be used with the Vodafone supplied router (plugs into an openreach ONT), it's a really good phone number but I don't want to use the supplied equipment or pay Vodafone for a calls package.

What are my options? I'd like a "landline" number, I'll only take incoming calls on it, i'll make any outgoing calls on my business mobile.

Can anybody give me any advice on where to look, my dad has an older VOIP phone / basestation I can use.

Cheers

2. saspro

saspro IT monkey

Is this "good" number one assigned to you as part of your service?

3. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

Is it (code)+8008135?

4. modd1uk

modd1uk Multimodder

Yeah, I didn't even know I was getting a phone number, its their Digital voice service that comes with the business broadband package.

And nope its an 01772 number (Preston area code) its actually a decent number, but I'd rather lose it than use the Vodafone supplied router :clap:

5. saspro

saspro IT monkey

You should be able to port that out to another supplier providing you're not locked in to a contract. Sipgate don't require you to use any of their hardware and can port most Vodafone numbers.

Tags: