1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What currently makes your life awesome?

Discussion in 'General' started by Brooxy, 28 Oct 2009.

1. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

I found a picture of an early mountain bike, almost exactly the same as my first, from 1984. Andy Powell was the frame builder at Overburys, in St Pauls, Bristol. My example just had a one-piece steel handlebar and stem and a different saddle but , was painted the same colour. The frame was built from a then new version of Reynolds 531.

[​IMG]

SuperHans123 and Vault-Tec like this.
  2. ElThomsono

ElThomsono Multimodder

When we were young children my Dad had to go away for work for a week, when he came back he had a box of chocolate teddy bears and a copy of Fun School 4 for the Amstrad CPC.

3. walle

walle Minimodder

The sun is starting to warm and the days are getting longer.:)

IanW and ElThomsono like this.
  4. MadGinga

MadGinga oooh whats this do?

Fun School! Wow. Blast from the past :D

5. MadGinga

MadGinga oooh whats this do?

Noice. Some formative games there for me! May have just grabbed a copy of james pond on the switch for nostalgia reasons!

IanW and Gareth Halfacree like this.
  6. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

Went food shopping at the local farmer's market. Expensive sure, but the quality and personal touch make it worth it by a mile.

bawjaws likes this.
  7. ModSquid

ModSquid Multimodder

We had a massive Amstrad CPC, I think (if memory serves). Enormous 64MB hard drive and EGA monitor/card and Nan got us a copy of (Ocean's?) Robocop in CGA for Christmas one year. Could never get past level 2 or 3. It was so poorly done I don't think I could even get past the same level now.
    ...and the mornings brighter!
    :thumb:

perplekks45 likes this.
  8. SuperHans123

SuperHans123 Multimodder

9. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Really like the Viper, it's a fantastic model. Much bigger in scale than the F-302 or the Roci.

[​IMG]

Hell of a lot of detail on it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

xaser04, Pete J, Auxilliary and 2 others like this.
  10. ElThomsono

ElThomsono Multimodder

[​IMG]

I've spent the last three weeks at my mother-in-law's house looking after her foster kids while she's on holiday, it's been grueling. Today I'm back at home, attacking Saff with the chainsaw, she seemed to like it.

Had a wee trip out in the land rover to buy some cheap 18mm plywood, I even took it up to 50 mph for the first time, it seemed fine?

I tell you what, running a Borstal for three weeks takes it out of you. They're good lads, just need a lot of intervention. I've been sleeping on an awful mattress as well and it's really started to hurt my back.

Byron C, Pete J, Vault-Tec and 5 others like this.
  11. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

[​IMG]

It's only valid for 30 days, so we're going to have to get moving on viewings. **** just started to get real.

xaser04, Pete J, saspro and 5 others like this.
  12. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

When I had my old Series 2a, between 40 and 50 was very much the sweet spot. OK, so it needed a LOT of work to get it back to where it should be, but sitting there in 4th with the overdrive in was great at just over 40. At 50 things started to get "interesting", that's when the vibration and noise started...

I decided to have a look to see if the old shed was still about and it seems as though it is, not been scrapped and currently sitting on a SORN. I would love to have the space, time, and money to get it back. Might have been a borderline deathtrap, but it was serial number 14 and so much fun to drive. OK, so maybe not as much fun as my later 90 with the 3.5l V8 in it, but still...

13. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

If you ever get another, don’t forget, that old Rover V8 can be taken up to 5 litres.:grin:

Almightyrastus likes this.
  14. ElThomsono

ElThomsono Multimodder

The gearbox was starting to make a bit of noise, it's not done many miles since I've filled it and there's nothing on the driveway, but I've read that they can leak into the transfer case, leaving it overfilled and the gearbox underfilled. I really ought to check it. I'm averaging 10.8 mpg with the straight six :worried:

15. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

Ouch, I used to get better than that with the V8, that was between 14 and 18 mpg on average.

16. oscy

oscy Modder

My manager bizarrely gave my pervert asst manager, who we all hate, a small birthday cake.

Ass man left it in the fridge, so the manager said the supervisor could have it.

But the supervisor doesn't like sweet things, so the burden falls on me.

This shall be my harrassment compensation.

[​IMG]

Isitari and IanW like this.
  17. stonedsurd

stonedsurd Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

18. Arboreal

Arboreal Keeper of the Electric Currants

Welcome back Angad! Great to see you and your amazing photos again; that Jaguar on reheat looks incredible.

I want to do more photography and am looking at Nikon Z options at the moment.

19. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

I swear India does it's military procurement based on a drinking game.

How else do Mig-21s, Mig-29s, SU-30s, Rafales, Mirages, Jaguars, Hawks, C-130s and AN-50s all end up in the same Air Force? Then there's HAL just wanging in delta wing fighters for the HAL of it.

And THEN 60 year old Alouette IIIs bimbling around in the background.

20. stonedsurd

stonedsurd Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

I never stopped lurking. Life just sometimes comes at you, and I've gotten better at prioritising the real world, heh.

Which I love. But really, if you get past the "holy menagerie, batman" surface of it, there's plenty of method to the madness — the principal element of which is, if you control production/sustainment/both, then having a zoo isn't too much of an issue.

Byron C, IanW and Arboreal like this.