1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Seeking z790 Motherboard heatsink removal pictures/videos

Discussion in 'Modding' started by ifohancroft, 28 Mar 2024.

1. ifohancroft

ifohancroft Minimodder

I really wanna tear apart a z790 motherboard, removing its heatsinks, just to see how they are attached to the motherboard and the different pieces to one another, but I don't want to undo my PC and/or risk ****ing up my motherboard in the process if I do something stupid.

I started looking for pictures or videos of people that have already done that, but I couldn't find any. The closest I got, is finding a video showing a z790 motherboard with the heatsinks removed, but that's not what I'm interested in. I'm interested in the process of removing the heatsinks, and the heatsinks themselves.

If you have done it, or know someone who has, please point me towards the pictures/videos?

2. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

It's nothing complicated. Most nowadays just use screws rather than the plastic push-pins of old. The exact mechanics or order would differ depending on board model, so might be extremely difficult to impossible to find a teardown video of your board. Which one is it?

3. ifohancroft

ifohancroft Minimodder

It's the Z790 AORUS MASTER, but I don't insist on finding a teardown specific to it.

4. The_Crapman

adidan likes this.
  5. ifohancroft

ifohancroft Minimodder

Thank you! That is perfect actually!
    Do you know if there is an English version of the article? I tried using the language switcher the website has on the bottom left, but it leads to a non existent url.

6. The_Crapman

No I don't think so, chrome auto translated it for me. You can paste a URL into Google translate and it will do it.