1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What Makes Your Life, Meh?

Discussion in 'General' started by Mr_Mistoffelees, 10 Aug 2023.

1. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

£46 customs charge. I expected to pay a charge, but not quite as much as that given the order was £120...

2. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

£24 VAT, £10-15 handling charge... seems high, unless they counted it as over £135 for some reason and you got hit with excise duty too.

3. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

Bus lane ticket, hate driving in Glasgow surprised I haven't had more.

Also the problem with the car still hasn't been fixed as it happened again the other day, so it'll be going back in yet again (probably over 5 times now I'd say) to try and get it to trigger and fix it.

To counterbalance we now have a working washing machine again after the initial replacement arrived broken.

4. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Eh. The way I see it, you guys get the privilege of filtering because you're outside in the cold, miserable rain, and I'm in my warm, dry car :p:.

5. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

Unless it's sunny. In which case, you can ****ing wait like everyone else! :hehe:

Last edited: 27 Mar 2024
    Byron C and Pete J like this.
  6. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Turntable arrived. Went through the faff of a setup process (including balancing the tone arm), got to the very last step before connecting power: put the dust cover on. Removed the dust cover from its bag... and it's missing one of its two rubber feet at the front.

I've dropped AT an email to see if they can post one out, 'cos I *really* don't want to have to disassemble and return the entire record player just 'cos of a teeny-tiny rubber foot.

Bah.

EDIT:
    "We are currently experiencing a higher-than-usual volume of queries [...]" Are you now?

Last edited: 27 Mar 2024
  7. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

It's a lifestyle choice, that's for sure. Wouldn't change it for the world though, not even when it's pissing down with rain :thumb:

Nah, you can enjoy the queues, I'll be out on some much more fun roads when the weather's nice :grin:

Pete J and David like this.
  8. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

What I ordered.

[​IMG]

What I got.

[​IMG]

He actually wants to argue with me over them being the same thing. They're not even real.

9. Arboreal

Arboreal Keeper of the Electric Currants

Second new tyre in a month... picked up a screw but the sidewall is knackered.
    Easter weather looks dodgy, hope it's hood enough to get out and not sit in watching the rain

10. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Fackin knew it.

[​IMG]

11. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Ugh, don't remind me... I've asked them to fit new tyres on the bike when the service comes up in early June. The service & MOT is already going to cost ~£230 if nothing needs replacing (and I'll probably need new brake pads, I haven't checked them in a while), and it'll be about another £250 for a pair of tyres & fitting...

12. Arboreal

Arboreal Keeper of the Electric Currants

Grrr, I think I picked up the screw in my tyre at work as I'm overseeing renovation work. The other tyre went previously as I kerbed the wheel by the look of it.

That's 2 expensive tyres that were meant to last for years gone, not buying premium ones again. Mostly round town and the odd run to Hertfordshire & back on Uni Taxi duty

13. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Used to have this a lot where I work, especially last December when we had a solar roof going in.
    After a bunch of complaints, building maintenance got one of those "magnet brooms" to wheel around the car park after every outdoor job.

Arboreal likes this.
  14. Gareth Halfacree

Oh, KLM, how I love thee. Let me count the ways. ZERO.

First, there was this:
    Then, this morning, another email saying that "due to operational reasons" they've had to move our seats. I'd paid a tenner each, per flight, to make sure we were all together in the same row and that the kids had window seats. Now? The eight-year-old is in a row on her own, the 12-year-old is across the aisle from the adults, and *nobody* has a window seat.

I was able to move us, but we've lost our "economy comfort" upgrade and we're now in the cheapest seats again. No word of a refund, either.

What's the point of booking in advance? It's not as if these flights were cheap, either!

EDIT:
    Oh, and we were supposed to be on an Embrauer both ways. Now? Chuffin' Boeing. Joy.

15. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

Washed the car yesterday to find a few scratches not there a month prior.

Multiple dings on the front wing, a very visible scratch to the rear boot just below the number plate I have no idea how it got there… Hairline scratch to one door…

The bonnet has a few stone chips but that’s from my own usage. It was never going to stay pristine but clearly this is the result of a few careless individuals…

16. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Our car has been dinged and scratched by people many times in car parks. It's bloody irritating, especially when we make an effort to park away from everyone else specifically to avoid careless and inconsiderate arseholes.

17. Gareth Halfacree

The kids have got back into N+ on the Xbox. It's an Xbox 360 game, but works on the new ones... except that on my shiny new Xbox Series X it constantly requires me to log in to my Xbox 360 profile with my password, despite having the "remember my password" box checked, and seems to lose all progress too.

Going to try clearing the Xbox 360 saves when I get a chance, see if that solves it.

18. Gareth Halfacree

Turns out the bristles of an old Dyson handheld vacuum's dusting attachment are made of stronger stuff than the lid of an Audio-Technica record player. Scratched to hell now. Whoops.

19. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

Just called it a brushed finish...

When I had a turntable, before going CD only in the early 90s, it went the same way. They should have a scratch resistant coating, like plastic lenses for glasses.

Gareth Halfacree likes this.
  20. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

Sounds like a challenge to buff those scratches out! :D