1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What currently makes your life awesome?

Discussion in 'General' started by Brooxy, 28 Oct 2009.

1. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Bah I crumbled and erm, may have watched all of it :D

NO REGERTS.

It.Was.Incredible.

Byron C, IanW, Goatee and 2 others like this.
  2. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

As far as I was aware, EP credits are often just a means to get someone paid, not necessarily that their input is in any way considered or even noticed.

That said, watched ep3 tonight and yeah, still down for this. I've seen some waffle on the internet about New Vegas relating to the NCR, but I haven't paid that the blindest bit of notice because I was always under the impression that Fallout games (At least since Bethesda) have been 'self contained' in the sense that some stuff might be mentioned in other games, but the overall story isn't necessarily important elsewhere.

I am loving Goggins, though. I'm always a bit of a fan of Goggins, but this is excellent Goggins-ing. I wonder if him being in Invincible is how Amazon lured him to this

3. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

4. DeanSUNIAIU

DeanSUNIAIU Modder

Watched a bit of Fallout. Well, until the first advert. I have Prime, why am I getting adverts..? This is why I pirate things.

Turned it off after that. I’ll await a torrent.

5. Vault-Tec

Hmm it’s funny you say that because I saw none.

Which is odd because I forgot they are showing ads now.

Must’ve known it was me and what a fanboy I am :D

6. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

£3/month upgrade to remove them, still better value IMO than Netflix's £18/month premium sub, but they could have marketed it better.

7. Vault-Tec

Yeah thing is we haven't done that. And, I recall seeing ads in other things I have watched lately.

TBH I wouldn't have cared any but yeah it is strange. Flipping Bangers. That was the last thing I watched on there about a month back and yeah, deffo had ads in it.

8. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

I haven't seen an ad yet either, and I can't see the option to upgrade to remove ads in the account settings...

9. Vault-Tec

Aye strange. Maybe it is based on what time of the day you watch it? gawd knows. IIRC they showed one very short ad before each episode of Flipping Bangers but that was it.

10. DeanSUNIAIU

DeanSUNIAIU Modder

I sacked Netflix off awhile ago, nothing decent on there these days and pretty much used it to watch Friends reruns while I ate. But yeah, Prime is going at the end of it's free trial. I'll stick to downloading cars.

ElThomsono likes this.
  11. c0nstruct

c0nstruct What's a Dremel?

Binge watched Fallout in all day yesterday :) Pretty decent casting!

Tried to get into The Gentleman, but it seemed a bit meh after 20 minutes?

Anyone else watched it? Worth it?

12. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Clean, shiny, pretty <3

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Only about a year and a half… or more… overdue, poor thing was absolutely filthy. Gave it two full washes with Muc-Off snow foam just to make sure I got everything (as well as the requisite de-greaser, brake/wheel cleaner, etc). Followed by a thorough polishing once dried to give it some sparkle again. I never normally use polish, it’s usually ACF50 all the way, but this stuff (Muc-Off Miracle Shine) brought the finish out beautifully. There’s still scratches, scuffs, marks, etc… it’s a 13-year old bike that’s out in all weathers and doesn’t hibernate in a garage for 6 months of the year, it’s bound to pick up some character along the way.

Back needs a bit of a rest now, but damn worth it.

13. c0nstruct

Made a cheeky offer to a guy selling a 5800X on ebay earlier, he accepted it :) 5800x for the price of a 5600x with RM48 posted tomorrow morning :) Winning!

adidan likes this.
  14. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

@Byron C I am refraining from making any childish jokes about the first picture.

Arboreal and Byron C like this.
  15. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

The stuff is magic, mate :thumb: :lol:

16. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

:lol:

17. c0nstruct

So it gets better, just sold my old cpu on ebay, so the 5800x it replaces that I won earlier on ebay cheap, now has only cost me £82!
    Not a bad Sunday!

Last edited: 14 Apr 2024
  18. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

At the weekend we decided to re-focus back on paying off debts, instead of trying to buy a flat. Yesterday I paid off a £3k credit card, and this morning I just paid £1.5k to close off the finance on my motorbike.

That’s a big chunk of change to part with, but wiping out £4.5k of debts in less than 24hrs feels damn good.

I’ve always been terrible with money, I’ve always had one kind of unsecured debt or another - sometimes more, sometimes less. Partly in the past it was due to earning a lot less money and needing stuff like an overdraft to make ends meet (I’ve still got a sizeable overdraft that originally started when we first moved in together nearly 16 years ago); and partly because of ADHD. There aren’t always any immediate consequences to taking on debt, and you don’t always consider the long-term implications because ADHD brains are generally terrible at long-term planning; there’s either “now” or “not now”, and “not now” means it’s something I don’t have to worry about.

The prospect of having no unsecured lending - not even a phone contract - between the two of us by the end of this year is still something I can’t quite get my head around.

Pete J, Vault-Tec, Mister_Tad and 3 others like this.
  19. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

There really is a huge psychological benefit to clearing debt, even if it's entirely manageable and serviceable. Sorry to hear that you've put your home-buying plans on the back burner for now, but hopefully clearing any other debts in the meantime will set you up well for the future.

Throw yourself a little party once you clear that last debt later this year :)

Pete J and IanW like this.
  20. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

This twas me, I'm now the financially sensible one in the relationship.

Problem I found was when I got out of debt I became scared of spending money and returning to debt at any level. It's taken me a while to feel okay with spending, I kind of need to use credit to rebuilding my credit rating somewhat. But up until recently anything would give me instant buyers remorse.

Byron C likes this.