1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Networks No LAN adaptor showing

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by MightyBenihana, 15 Apr 2024.

1. MightyBenihana

MightyBenihana Do or do not, there is no try

Finally finished my build, crossed my fingers and hit the power putting. All seemed well (except for the a14 noctua fan which seems loud and high pitched but see what a bit of fan control can do later).

I got through windows installation fine and the tried to get the internet up and running through my wired connection, however there is no Ethernet port showing at all. Green light flashes on the Mobo as normal.

I got wifi up and running and tried to install the driver as it was in system there are no drivers installed. They won't install but I am hoping that's a Windows update issue and when. That's done, that issue will be gone.

I have check the bios and everything appears to be enabled. It seems so weird to me though that the adaptor isn't even showing, but showing as not connected.

Is this normal? I am not at home at the moment so had to pause on the updates etc but will pick it up again tomorrow evening.

I am just posting here to see if there is something I have overlooked as I don't much fancy pulling it all apart for an RMA.

Cpu is a 7800x3d and the board is an Asus strix b640e-i.

Anyone else experienced this? Any suggestions welcome? Is it normal when drivers not installed? I can't remember was not built a PC in years now.

Thanks

2. noizdaemon666

noizdaemon666 I'm Od, Therefore I Pwn

When you say the Ethernet port isn't showing, is that just in settings/control panel, or is that in device manager?
    It's normal for the port to flash even if the OS is currently unaware that it exists.

3. MightyBenihana

It is in the device manager, but not in the control panel/network bit. In the device manager it has the yellow warning triangles up.

I am not panicking about it yet as I think when windows update has done it's thing I will be able to install the driver's, but it won't let me do that at this point. I double click them and nothing.

4. lancer778544

lancer778544 Multimodder

Try installing the latest Intel ethernet controller drivers, you can get them from Intel directly here. The yellow exclamation point in device manager means something isn't happy and that's why it's not showing up under the network connection settings.

MightyBenihana and IanW like this.
  5. MightyBenihana

Thanks. I had seen something like that in reddit but the link has made this such easier. Much appreciated.

6. lancer778544

lancer778544 Multimodder

No probs. When you get it downloaded, extract the zip then copy the path to the folder from the address bar. Head to device manager, right click the Intel ethernet controller > update driver > Browse my computer for drivers > paste in the link to the extracted zip folder and then let Windows nose through the folder and it should pick a better driver and hopefully sort out the issue.

MightyBenihana likes this.
  7. MightyBenihana

Turns out you have to install the armoury crate package to get the LAN driver, nothing else works. Fun.