1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

A: 3
    B: 6

The question about finishing other people's sentences made me feel seen :D

2. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

A:0
    B:3

I was misdiagnosed with ADHD once. They gave me ritalin and I had a psychotic episode. :rollingeyes:

3. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

And that’s why they should eliminate other possibilities.

The brand Ritalin isn’t prescribed in the UK, but there are plenty of other methylphenidate stimulants in use. There’s also dexamfetamine stimulants commonly used, probably in greater quantities than methylphenidate. They don’t make me feel “wired” or “buzzing” or anything like that, they just make me feel… kinda normal, and makes daily crap a lot easier to deal with.

But someone who doesn’t have ADHD (or has ADHD and other neurological/mental health disorders) is likely to have a wildly different reaction.

Tangential rant ahoy:
    And despite what that ****ing atrocious Panorama bollocks implied last year, dosage and usage is strictly and closely monitored, as are side-effects. They are not handed out like sweets, they are a controlled substance with a high potential for misuse. In my first couple of follow-up sessions, both the psychiatrist and mental health pharmacist made me show them how many I tablets had left, so they could make sure I wasn’t selling them. If you get them in person from a pharmacy, you can expect to be treated like a criminal junkie just for trying to pick up your goddamn medical prescription.

4. Vault-Tec

That is why I took it dude. Because I didn't know it was Ritalin.

Basically my first psych was obsessed with the fact I had ADHD. Even though I had already been diagnosed in the USA as bipolar and then later autistic on top of it. Had I known it was meth I would never have taken it because I would have known it would make me psychotic.

And it did. I became manic, and before I realised it I had walked 8 miles from home before I came to. Had to call the police as I didn't even know where I was and mum was on holiday.

5. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

+1 for malfunctioning meat suit and/or brain unit...

at least i can walk somewhat ok today so it's not al bad i guess...

6. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

I have made a huge mistake.

I could barely get this out of the box on my own and it’s supposed to go upstairs. The order process mentioned “room of choice” delivery, but the courier refused due to the weight.

It is 93kg.

Does anyone know any power lifters or World’s Strongest Man contestants…?

[​IMG]

Vault-Tec, adidan, IanW and 1 other person like this.
  7. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

Lurgy.

Feel like sh!t.

8. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

I can only suggest dragging it up on a strong towel or blanket with one person pulling and the other supporting the weight and pushing.

Be easier than lifting

9. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Balls to it, it’s staying downstairs. It’s heavy as balls and the floorboards upstairs are already squeaky and loose.

It’s hard enough to move around on the castors on the base of the machine. Far easier to re-arrange the lounge instead of trying to haul this thing upstairs.

Besides, if I moved it upstairs it’d be right next to the adjoining wall with the neighbour, where it’s likely to be loud as hell and piss them off. If I leave it downstairs it’s on the opposite side of the house.

10. Spanky

Spanky Multimodder

Split with my Mrs , shes moving out as we speak ... thats not whats upset me at all ..... She taken the Dog!!

11. ElThomsono

ElThomsono Multimodder

Nonsense, just lay it upside down on the stairs, turn it on, and it'll gently climb them itself?

Urgh, here's hoping it goes as smoothly as such things can.

12. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

That's because, with dogs, love is unconditional.

Strength to endure, bud.

Spanky likes this.
  13. ModSquid

ModSquid Multimodder

Sounds like university all over again...

:hehe:
    Or the dog shiits all over her new floor/bed in separation anxiety.

14. GaryP

GaryP RIP Tel

Wordpress and the pothead druggie next door who is filling our house with vile stink, causing partner to have breathing attacks and me trying very hard not to do a Michael Douglas in Falling Down. Police are gutless and doing naff all and his housing association don't want any hassle.

15. Mojo

Mojo Multimodder

Section A - 4
    Section B - 12 :hehe:

ElThomsono likes this.
  16. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

Soft and gooey?

17. Vault-Tec

Step 1 - use it until you are a beefcake.
    Step 2 - carry it up there yourself !

:D

Byron C, Fingers66, IanW and 2 others like this.
  18. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

Not sure if it’s a Royal Mail issue or eBay but something has changed. Used to be a piece of piss bulk buying/printing labels 4x6.

Now it forces it into A4 to include a proof of postage certificate… like that’s ever been ****ing useful. So unless you’re printing on A4 paper with scissors and cello tape you’re in for a whole world of pain.

So I had to go through each order one by one. Load the label, download, crop, save, scale, print.

What was 2-3 minutes is now 15-20. Thankfully I’m not the only one complaining about this so I’m hoping eBay can revert/adjust something. Because this is just a complete ball ache.

19. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

I have just bought a 4x6 label printer - this is not good news!

I had to do the same a week ago with a DPD label from parcel2go - they'd put a 4x6 sized postage label on a bloody A4 page... I spent ages trying to keep it legible when cropping it.

20. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

Think they’ve sorted it now after doing some labels this morning. Was a complete ball ache Friday going back and having to adjust everything.

Community pages were filled with the same complaints which I imagine was reflected on the phones and chat…