1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi So, what are you playing now?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Kronos, 29 Apr 2014.

1. c0nstruct

c0nstruct What's a Dremel?

AW2 again - stopped playing it, seems very empty/boring once you've done it once and know what's coming/gotten over the rose tinted glasses from how pretty it is.
    Fallout4 for a 2nd time - hopefully I'll see it through, as there's many things I want to do differently.

2. ModSquid

ModSquid Multimodder

Following a separate train of thought, I've picked up Control to see what that's like (and now await the obvious...). Only at the stage where I've grabbed the gun, but it strikes me as Tomb Raider crossed with X-Files. Bit slow to start, was expecting a cinematic intro, hoping it picks up as have high expectations...

3. VictorianBloke

VictorianBloke Man in a box

The ashtray maze level is immense. Hands down one of my favourite levels in anything. It is quite a way through the game though.

I got annoyed by bullet sponge enemies at one point, thankfully there's a one shot kill option in the menus now which promptly alleviated that issue.

4. ModSquid

ModSquid Multimodder

Ah! Cool - will keep going then, heading for the maze :thumb:.

Does changing to one shot kills denigrate anything like player experience/achievements/secret endings?

5. VictorianBloke

VictorianBloke Man in a box

Didn't affect my achievements on the Xbox, though I didn't hunt all 1k. No clue on secret endings, I didn't even know there were any.

Player experience wise, it just speeds up the game a bit. So if you feel like your getting bogged down and that's affecting your enjoyment, remember it's there. For me it was the difference between giving up in frustration and actually enjoying finishing the game.

ModSquid likes this.
  6. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Maybe I should start Control up, seems to be well liked and I picked it up in a recent sale.

Not played for a bit because I also picked up Metro Exodus which is still not finished but I had to give it a rest as it felt like a boring trudgefest. Wish I could just ditch games but I may have to see that through first.

7. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

I flew through about 50 hours in Fallout New Vegas. Did Honest Farts (yawn) and then thought I would take on Dead Money. I forgot how fookin hard it was LOL. I'm on the last piece of it now, thankfully. Unfortunately I had forgotten totally how to disable the speakers and radar things too, so it was squeaky bum for most of it.

8. SuperHans123

SuperHans123 Multimodder

Alien Isolation

9. ModSquid

ModSquid Multimodder

This is also on my (increasingly long) list.

SuperHans123 likes this.
  10. SuperHans123

SuperHans123 Multimodder

Probably played it through about 10 times.
    No other game touches it for sense of place and atmosphere.

11. ModSquid

ModSquid Multimodder

Jesus! Good effort :rock:.

I'm definitely moving it up the list then. I've got Control and Boltgun also on the rotation at the moment, need to do Witcher and panicking about finishing Atomic Heart, Scorn and Tunic before they get binned from GP. The issue I have is with time required for the minimum return on investment (ie. fun/ending (Happy Ending??)). @VictorianBloke's tip about adjusting to one-shot kills just to enjoy Control was a winner. Then I need to finish Prey (only at the intro stage where you figure out what's outside the window of your apartment - but that was cooooool).

FFS. I can't wait for retirement (like that's ever going to be happening any time soon) because that might at least give me an excuse to sit on my bumbum all day in the name of story research.

Do you bother going for achievements/completion/secrets etc or just plough through? And how do you maintain interest after the first five tours when you surely know what's coming?

12. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

Deliver us from Mars. Pretty darn good so far, just up to the bit where I've pointed things at other things to open a door while wading through water.

13. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Stardew Valley!

……again!

Tons of stuff added with the recent update, there’s an awful lot more “endgame” content now. A lot bloody harder to find iridium now though, I’ve only found enough for two freakin’ bars despite getting to level 30 in the desert mine. You used to find it in the “regular” mine, although it was somewhat rare there.

Did the fishing bundle before the end of the first year though, that one’s usually a bugger!

14. SuperHans123

SuperHans123 Multimodder

You sort of forget after a period of time. You remember some stuff but not all
    I only really play immersive Sims so end up repeating the same few games as there are so few of them in this genre.
    Prey is amazing.

Last edited: 30 Apr 2024 at 23:37
  15. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Fallout 4 (for hopefully obvious reasons)

Been a year since I last played. Immediately I was reminded of one of the reasons I stopped playing - a bugged side quest the game wouldn't let me complete. So I decided to eff the mission off and do something else, which ended up with me gleefully running up a tower and murderizing several mutants with my big axe type thing.

I'll try to complete it in the next few weeks. I'd really like to know what The Institute is up to, as well as whatever happened to my little sh!t of a son. Also want an excuse to don my power armour again and bring the pain with a minigun.

16. veato

veato I should be working

Having a go on the Fallout 4 update. It's better.... I guess. I can't see my playing much as I played for a lot of hours when it first came out.

And still cracking on with Forza Motorsport. I'm mainly playing a group organised hot lap challenge as multiplayer penalties are currently a joke. As is dirty racing sadly.

17. ModSquid

ModSquid Multimodder

What's this all about? I haven't done multiplayer yet (and probably not likely to, after all the hate for it I've seen)?

18. veato

veato I should be working

Have a look over on the official Forza forums. It's full of examples. A lot of it comes from punishing the wrong person e.g. someone rams you and YOU get a penalty for avoidable contact. Or you get pushed off by a dirty player, they get away with it, and you get an off track penalty.

I've stopped caring about the resulting hits to my safety and skill ratings as it really doesn't seem to make a difference who you race with anyway but it's frustrating when your race gets ruined because there's no real incentive to race fairly and cleanly.

I'm not completely faultless. I race in driver/cockpit view for realism and a lack of mirrors means the game could do with a decent radar similar to what I've seen in other games. I've watched replays and realised I could have given more space for example. But it's never intentional.

19. ModSquid

ModSquid Multimodder

Jesus. Sounds like they either haven't thought that all through or need to do some more work on the algorithms.

Maybe just do away with the penalties and call it stock car racing...