Development Including files with PHP

Discussion in 'Software' started by OneSeventeen, 13 Jan 2004.

1. OneSeventeen

OneSeventeen Oooh Shiny!

I can't believe I haven't run into this problem before, but I'm trying to include a file from a previous directory, so here's my file setup:

root/
    /thesource/
    /inc/
    /term/
    term.php
    db_conn.php
    So term.php is in root/thesource/inc/term/
    and db_conn.php is one directory above it, in root/thesource/inc/

term.php::
    PHP:
    require("../db_conn.php");
    but, oh no! ../db_conn.php does not exist in /thesource/inc/term/!!
    and neither does ..\db_conn.php

would the status of allow_url_fopen have an effect? It isn't really a remote site, so I don't see why this won't work.

This is all being run on a windows server with IIS.
    I'm usually just missing something, but I really don't know what it might be. I'd hate to have to have one massive /inc/ directory without any directories (I like keeping things as neat/organized as possible), but I would be willing if I knew there was no other way.

2. OneSeventeen

OneSeventeen Oooh Shiny!

I used ini_set("include_path", $inc_folder); to set the default include path to the particular folder for that page, and it worked, but I'd rather not mess with ini settings like that. (I prefer having one standard set instead of odd instances here and there).

3. RTT

RTT #parp

It's best to do either what you did ;) or just use the /path/to/the/include :)

4. OneSeventeen

OneSeventeen Oooh Shiny!

I'm not sure if that is also an allow_url_fopen issue or not, but I've never been able to get that to work.

(We just switched to a new server that is about 15 hours away from here, and we don't have access to it. We had to put in a request for gd2 to be installed and it took about 5 weeks to process.)

is there a way to allow the /path/to/file/ to work? it works on all my images, just nothing script-related

5. linear

linear Minimodder