Update 2.26.04 Project Acrylic Ammo Box

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by SEA, 1 Feb 2004.

1. SEA

SEA What's a Dremel?

:clap: MORE UPDATES!!! Okay, threw out the aluminum idea and went and spent more money on .25" ACRYLIC. That's right people, I'm not f*cking around. It's even more rigid than with that steel plate and I bought enough to do the entire thing and then some.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Looks kinda like a razor or something. Anyway, if you ever need to drill acrylic, never use a sharp bit. Use dullest POS you have, it'll work much better as I unfortunately found out. Anyway, back to work. :dremel: :rock:

2. TheEclypse

TheEclypse What's a Dremel?

looking sweet. i cant wait to get my hands one some acrylic for my project now. :rock:

3. SEA

SEA What's a Dremel?

Damn, working on the interanl parts. It's gonna be tight but it'll all just fit. I just wished they made a 9600XT in a slimmer size. Oh well, perhaps one of those right-anlge AGP adapters will work or something. Pics tommorow. (HINT: think countersunk 1/4" acrylic and aluminum. :D )

4. bsodmike

bsodmike Banned

This is going to be well pimp, gonna keep an eye on this one, love your work!

5. SEA

SEA What's a Dremel?

Okay, as of last week I've restarted this project. I was unhappy with my 'eyeball everything' mentality so now I'm pretty where I was but now it's square, which is a big deal. Also there are a few design changes. Pics will be up Monday or Tuesday. I also just ordered my hardware for this project.
    -AMD XP2500+ (OC is likely :naughty: )
    -Abit NF7-S v.2
    -Saphire Radeon 9600XT ( :naughty: :naughty: :naughty: )

I think it's gonna be worthy of show. I had a guy offer me a large sum of money for it the other day so maybe it won't be mine very long. (Hint, 4 digits) Anyway, happy Valentines, pics next week. :thumb:

6. SEA

SEA What's a Dremel?

Ok ok a minor update. FedEx dropped my stuff off today, and now I can start working again. :clap: :rock:

[​IMG]

Abit NF-7
    R 9600XT
    AMD 2500XP Barton

:naughty:

7. Murdoc

Murdoc Gas Mask..ZOMG

That looks nice and shiny! Very nice of the FedEx man too.
    'doc

8. hypocrisy86

hypocrisy86 Banned

Very Nice
    love the case :thumb:

9. SEA

SEA What's a Dremel?

Ok, more updates. The case is coming along nicely. It's not what I was hoping for but hey, it's only my first true one-off fabrications. :sigh: Here's the mandatory pics:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    This was a bit un-nerving. Blade slipped off while I was cutting this very small peice of aluminum. Nothing like a loud POW, shreik and right next to your head and hands.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And of course you can see the whole thing here: Gallery

10. jezmck

jezmck Minimodder

scary moment for you with the blade coming off, but looking good.
    (I've only just worked out the pics in your post (#21) - the reflections of the ceiling lights)
    keep us informed of your progress...

11. 3N1GM4

3N1GM4 What's a Dremel?

damn!!!!!!! thats lookin nice

hope everything fits ok...

12. SEA

SEA What's a Dremel?

Yeah, it'll fit OKAY, the psu is going to be the tightest. I think for this project I'm going to limit it to only hard drives. If I need an optical drive or something, I have a USB one and I plan on having at least 4 USB ports on this thing.

As far as the top peice and all the ports, I plan on not having any there. It's all going to go on the side. Under the latches there is a good space for stuff to go. Power, video, network, and usb will all go in one side so you can leave the top on and no one is the wiser. I think I'll make another one into a cooler too, must have beverages you know.

13. djengiz

djengiz Pointless.

Need to be subscribed!